Friction at throttle cable

peteinpa

So what is the secret to a smooth throttle? The pull throttle cable at the handlebar is cutting into the curved black nylon piece right at the end, making the hole oblong. it's like the angle to the throttle tube is wrong. It's causing friction that has me with my throttle bodies removed, lessening the spring tension at the TPS.

There really isn't any play or any other way to put it together at the hand grip.

I even looked if the throttle cable has been updated like the clutch cable, it hasn't.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, peteinpa said:

The pull throttle cable at the handlebar is cutting into the curved black nylon piece right at the end, making the hole oblong. it's like the angle to the throttle tube is wrong. It's causing friction that has me with my throttle bodies removed, lessening the spring tension at the TPS.

I don't have a suggestion.  I just checked my 2015, but I see nothing like this on mine.  It's the first I've heard of it.

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

I'll mess with it again in the morning.  It WILL be perfect before it goes back together.

The weakened spring tension on the TB was a success though.

Edited by peteinpa

Got her figured out. Did 3 things, 1 or all did it.  With the mounting of the new handlebar, I removed all indexing pins on all the controls. On the throttle it was still a smidge high. Took it down below flush.    I removed a smidge of the plastic on the tip of the pull throttle cable so more angle room for the cable inside.  Last relaxed some spring tension at the throttle body.