Evotech Radiator Guard - Review

Installed the Evotech Performance Radiator Guard on my 2015 FJ-09.  This is a very well made product and should be at the top of your list if you are considering a radiator guard.  Precision engineered with excellent fit and finish. The guard mounts directly to the body mount brackets on both sides of the radiator, so it is a bit more involved to install than cheaper units which are secured with wire ties through the radiator core.  The Evotech mounting system is also more rigid and eliminates potential damage/deformation of the core.

Only issue that I encountered was an intermittent rattling of the guard against the upper and lower radiator mounting brackets that was not remedied with the supplied rubber isolation plugs.  EASY FIX: 2 short sections of rubber automotive vacuum line slit along 1 side and slipped over the edge of the guard to act as a buffer at the mounts.  Vacuum line is held in place by pressure and cannot slip off.  See attached photos.  Problem solved with an item already on the shelf in the garage!

EVOTECH FJ-09 RADIATOR GUARD 1.jpg

EVOTECH FJ-09 RADIATOR GUARD 2.jpg

EVOTECH FJ-09 RADIATOR GUARD 3 (2).jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

They're great, yeah.

The only downside - BUGS!!  They're a PITA to clean out.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Nice I really like it. I installed the Yamaha Radiator Guard part number #: B1J-E24D0-V0-00. But I am really digging the Evotech a little more. Looks like it offers more protection and it looks more secure. Anyways, I didn't have any rattles/noises with my radiator guard, installation was also easy, plus its been through some off-roading. 

Radiator guards are cheap insurance for the unexpected. You never know if you'll see a flying turkey. lol 

• Thumbsup 1

Yes good product on the Tracer. Mine does not rattle at the top on my Tracer or maybe I have not noticed it lol. Not so fun to mount one on a 2021 GSX-R1000R, their top mount on that bike is stupid.