Code 019

root

Had my bike not want to start today. The the starter would turn the engine over but it wouldn't fire. Code 019 came on the dash and the engine light came on. Turned off the key, turned it back on and it fired right up and the light went off. Anyone know what code 019 is? Thanks in advance.

Ok, for some reason, google on my phone wasn't finding anything about this code last night. I looked today on the computer and found on other Yamaha bikes it had to do with either the kill switch or side stand switch. I don't believe my side stand was down, and I don't remember doing anything other than turning the bike off and back on to fix it. On the other hand, I have been know to do sillier things than this. Can someone with a FJ-09 service manual confirm that this is what the code is for?

• Premium Member
code 19 is the sidestand switch "a break or open circuit in the red/black lead of the ECU"
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
maybe operator error. Maybe a glitch in the ECU - I wonder if it gets confused if you flick up the sidestand whilst pressing the starter button?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

In the "How To" Index, I have included the Fault Code List. It is listed at the bottom of that post.
thank you for linking to that. I remembered seeing that a while back but search failed me once again. I guess it helps if your search criteria matches. I was searching for engine code instead of fault code.

Root- let us know if it happens again.
Code 19 should only set if the ECU doesn't "see" the side stand switch. i don't think the manner in which you started the bike has anything to do with it. But keep us posted, I'm curious if it was a fluke or if something is going on.

-skip

• 2 months later...
I know this thread is old but I recently had the Code 19 issue and it's easily replicated.

For me, when you go to turn the key on, if it doesn't click ALL the way over, it will bring up the Code 19 error as you can see in the video.

Apparently when you turn the key on but don't get it turned all the way, it will turn the bike on but not let the ignition fire.

You can see it in the video I attached.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg105xpTDLw]

• Premium Member
We know someone who had a bit of a moment in Wales, don't we Mr XXXXXXXXX, as he didn't turn the key all the way. His bike started and ran for a while. Then the key switched itself off.

I wonder if Mr XXXXXXXX will identify himself

Archived