Cyclical vibration @ speed

Just noticed this today after coming home from a 200 mile ride. 2020 GT with 6100 miles, cruising around 65 mph and there is a felt cyclical vibration that is enough to make the windscreen vibrate in the same cycle. Put it on a lift and spun both wheels to rule out a wheel bearing, and while spinning the rear I noticed a little play in the countershaft in gear and in neutral. I checked my FZ10 to see if it was the same, and it is tight with no play. I know how to maintain bikes (I've had and maintained all 50 of them over the past 53 years) so my chain was not too tight ever. I'm hoping that this is not a countershaft bearing. Hate to do it, but to the dealership it goes tomorrow...

18 hours ago, northsouth said:

I'm hoping that this is not a countershaft bearing.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I know wheel bearings, and we don't have shaft drive, so I'm confessing my ignorance of what the countershaft bearings are. 🙃

23 hours ago, Salish900 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I know wheel bearings, and we don't have shaft drive, so I'm confessing my ignorance of what the countershaft bearings are. 🙃

Its the bearing that supports the shaft that your front sprocket bolts to. Generally a big old job to change too, fingers crossed its not the problem. 

Edited by Dave76
  • Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, Dave76 said:

Its the bearing that supports the shaft that your front sprocket bolts to. Generally a big old job to change too, fingers crossed its not the problem. 

oh yeah, thanks.