2015 Mt09 tracer code reader?

10 hours ago, skipperT said:

if you can clear error a code 60 through DIAG using the instrument cluster, then that isn't your problem.  You CANNOT clear an ACTIVE code until it's fixed, and it WILL NOT show in DIAG channel 60 or 61 until it has been REPAIRED. it's very important to understand those differences.

If the MIL light is on, put the kickstand down, and turn off the engine with the RH handlebar Run/Off switch.

Your active code number will be shown in the display. THAT CODE is the one that you cannot clear, because it is still ACTIVE and not yet repaired (as far as the ECM is concerned...)

Make sense?

You can connect an OBD II reader only utilizing a 4pin adapter to the standard OBDII connector. They're available on eBay I believe, and may not work on 15/16 models based on posts here...

-Skip

I make small video for better understanding of my problem:

As you can see there is no any error Indicated, just lamp on.

12 hours ago, skipperT said:

Not accessible with an OBD reader that I'm aware.  The dealer software can display the injector opening times. I don't think that any motorcycles out there are capable of displaying trim changes similar to how an automobile would store O2 sensor bank and trim data over a period of time.

Honestly your video doesn't really bring any issue to my mind when viewing.

(wasn't going to go there...)

If possible, a video when the bike is symptomatic would be best.

-Skip

Wow oh wow. I Cheak every pipe, did I check the vacuum nipple? Nope.. Could I get a fork though the hole that was in it, yes. Feel like a right twat for missing that.. 

Replaced and I can confirm it's completely resolved my issue. 

Thank GOD

Edited by Puregreen59
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, shapala said:

I make small video for better understanding of my problem:

As you can see there is no any error Indicated, just lamp on.

Great video. As you said, scrolling through DIAG Mode doesn’t indicate any REPAIRED codes. Meaning it still isn’t FIXED which is why you aren’t seeing those numbers change in DIAG MODE!

I was very excited that you started the bike and let it idle, yes I can hear a bit of a hiccup when you are revving the engine..... and then you shut it off with the handlebar switch, GREAT and I see.....

NOTHING. Sad face. 

Perform that same start and let engine idle routine,  and before shutting the engine off with the RH switch -EXTEND THE SIDE STAND- 

Then you should see a number appear in the display. 

If not, take it around the block, slow the bike down to a stop, EXTEND THE SIDESTAND, and then shut off the engine with the RH SWITCH. Do you get a code number now?

one final test, start bike, grab the clutch, shift into first gear, and then extend the side stand.... does the engine immediately kill, Yes or No?

if it doesn’t stall, something is going on in the sidestand switch or another part of the “starting circuit cut off relay” circuit which should have a troubleshooting guide in the service manual. 

Otherswise, you need a computer and it’s off to the dealer if you don’t get anywhere with my instructions above. 
Sorry I can’t be if more help. 
Let us know. 
-Skip

• Premium Member
On 5/29/2021 at 3:37 AM, BBB said:

Even using the correct Yamaha adapter and trying with two different models of code reader (one a very recent expensive version borrowed from a friend) I could not read codes on my 2015 UK model. 

My experience is the same. I've tried  3 different readers and none would work with my 2015. 

Let’s go Brandon

On 5/30/2021 at 8:14 AM, skipperT said:

Great video. As you said, scrolling through DIAG Mode doesn’t indicate any REPAIRED codes. Meaning it still isn’t FIXED which is why you aren’t seeing those numbers change in DIAG MODE!

I was very excited that you started the bike and let it idle, yes I can hear a bit of a hiccup when you are revving the engine..... and then you shut it off with the handlebar switch, GREAT and I see.....

NOTHING. Sad face. 

Perform that same start and let engine idle routine,  and before shutting the engine off with the RH switch -EXTEND THE SIDE STAND- 

Then you should see a number appear in the display. 

If not, take it around the block, slow the bike down to a stop, EXTEND THE SIDESTAND, and then shut off the engine with the RH SWITCH. Do you get a code number now?

one final test, start bike, grab the clutch, shift into first gear, and then extend the side stand.... does the engine immediately kill, Yes or No?

if it doesn’t stall, something is going on in the sidestand switch or another part of the “starting circuit cut off relay” circuit which should have a troubleshooting guide in the service manual. 

Otherswise, you need a computer and it’s off to the dealer if you don’t get anywhere with my instructions above. 
Sorry I can’t be if more help. 
Let us know. 
-Skip

Hi Skip,

I tried everything he offered you, but without success. I will look for a working reader for 2015 to read and clear this error. Yesterday I made another 220 km trip without any problems, only the lamp is on. So, if anyone finds a working diagnostic system, please share this information here. Thanks in advance for your help!

• 1 year later...