Tracer 900 GT accelleration problems

9 hours ago, Achaios said:

So I found the culprit, so to speak.
Something was clogged. This is what is left of my catalytic converter. I am surprised that I didn´t notice a greater difference.

Does the mapping still work if I just rip out the wavy metal part? Tried riding it without the piece, it was deafening.

1623351266450-min.jpg

Contact the person or company that did your ECU flash and ask them about removing the cat... my thoughts are, remove the cat and let her rip.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

13 hours ago, Your_Boy_Yuriy said:

Well let’s think this through. 

You had your ECU flashed and had no issue, right? However the baffle was already in your system, correct?  So what I’m saying is your ecu flash worked perfectly fine with the metal mesh that made your exhaust quiet. 

my theory is one of your sensors went out which is not causing a check engine light and its causing your engine to go under power above 3/4 throttle. 

contact your person who flashed your ECU and ask if there should be a baffle installed on the exhaust. 

The problem is solved, the power issues came from this clogged exhaust and exhaust manufacturer says it was some kind of part failure.

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, duhs10 said:

Contact the person or company that did your ECU flash and ask them about removing the cat... my thoughts are, remove the cat and let her rip.

On my previous FZ1, the cat was built into the stock header pipe exactly as shown above, I contacted 2WDW and they said to remove it.  I drilled a few holes and used needle nose pliers to get most of it out and then a Dremel tool to finish it smooth inside.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

33 minutes ago, betoney said:

On my previous FZ1, the cat was built into the stock header pipe exactly as shown above, I contacted 2WDW and they said to remove it.  I drilled a few holes and used needle nose pliers to get most of it out and then a Dremel tool to finish it smooth inside.

That explains why I see a red flash around our fair town. Thought it might have been The Flash in his red suit. Now I know it is your suped up FJ. 

• Haha 2