Finally an owner! Kent, UK

cobby7

Hi everybody! I ordered my Tracer at the start of March but had to wait 6 weeks for delivery because I opted for red one. Dealer had both other colours available, but as the weather was rubbish I wasn't in a rush.
Anyway picked it up last week and the weathers good so I'm making the most of it.
Coming from an Aprilia Tuono the tracer is very close on the fun factor but miles more comfy. The pillion is much happier too (which helped persuade her that we needed a new bike).

I've got the yamaha side cases on order, they don't have a delivery date yet. Heated Grips are in but I'll wait til the first service to get them fitted - I was too excited to go for a ride so jumped on as soon as it was pdi'd.
I have taken it back briefly to get some sw-motech crash bars fitted along with the yamaha rad cover. Both look great.

I'm eager to get the first 600 miles on it, although I can't say you need the extra revs. It's a pain short shifting up through the gears but you can pretty much leave it in 5th for most riding.

Only thing I'd like to change really is a better screen for reducing noise. I have a shoei gt-air and find the wind noise is terrible without earplugs. I'm keeping an eye on the powerbronze & ermax threads.

Safe riding

Hi, welcome.
Interesting you have the heated grips. The side cases and fitting rails are almost in the realm of vapour ware. I was onto my dealer yesterday, they in turn tried to get an answer from Yamaha, no one available ???

I'm sure your 600 miles will be done in no time, enjoy.

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear you have the heated grips as I have mine ordered to be fitted on 1st service next weekend!
If you are after a powerbronze screen let me know, i ordered one but am staying with the std screen, paid £75 for the screen in tinted, will sell for £50, travel to Kent so could possibly drop it in.

• Premium Member
Welcome form another owner in Kent. Amazed that your dealer has the heated grips, Laguna told me not before July. The cases were supposed to arrive the first week in April - no sign yet!

• Premium Member
Welcome from the colonies.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Sorry slow coming back on this- the powerbronze was good for keeping wide off most of my body but deflects it right at the top of my crash helmet, I ride in town with my visor open and could feel the deflected air going in my eyes.
I have so far just stuck with the std screen in low position. may try it again before I go on a mini tour.

Out of interest, How tall are you falcophil? I've just read wessies review of the powerbronze screen and he thinks it's quieter. If it's 13cm taller than stock then it should take the air above me, I'm 5'9". I find the stock screen takes a lot of the windblast away but the noise created is awful. I'd love to find a screen that works.
Im in Folkestone by the way so chances are you don't come down this far? Although I could meet you somewhere probably.

• Premium Member
Hi @cobby7.

I just refitted my Powerbronze screen after a week with the Yamaha touring screen. I'm so happy to be back behind the Powerbronze - it is the best option I have tried so far. Plus it looks better with the tint.

I'll be near Folkestone on 20th June, a bit before 12 noon prior to getting a Eurotunnel crossing at 1330, if you want to meet up at Tesco in Cheriton. Take the screen for a ride for half an hour for the cost of buying me lunch!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived