Top Sellerie seat

3 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Don’t force the key, as it absolutely will twist off in the lock if you overdo it.  Don’t ask me how I know this… ☹️

Two thoughts: 

1) Press down firmly on the front edge of the seat while simultaneously trying to unlock… you want to reduce any pressure you can where the lock clicks into that tab on the seat base. 

2) If you’re feeling adventurous, file a little bit of metal off the bottom edge of the cutout on that metal tab.  It shouldn’t take much to get the fit snug, but not bound-up tight.  
DD7D4948-C8AC-47ED-B0EA-C80EC239B690.jpeg.01526473a876a1c5db1cfd9ad345a81f.jpeg

OK I won't ask you how you know this ;) but what I will do is express my deepest sympathy with the struggle of getting the broken key out of the lock :o

Thanks for the input. It would have been easier if it had been possible to install some washers underneath the bracket. Since it is not possible maybe your idea of filing 1-2 mm off of the metal tab.

• Supporting Member
22 hours ago, VikingOnWheels said:

Hmm ok. Being a not very skilled person in terms of mechanics (I'm a software programmer with no crafting talent:)  ) would it be too much to ask you to make a few pictures showing what you mean?

Oh and thanks for the input

Sorry for not getting back to you in a timely manner, my bike isn’t in close proximity right now to take photos. 
Looking at your photos, your bracket is different than the one on my Corbin seat, mine removes with two bolts and this one looks like it’s molded into the seat pan.  Like mentioned above, you could file some material away so you don’t have to press down so hard to get it to latch, or you could unbolt the latching mechanism and insert a thin washer underneath its mount to raise it 1-2mm. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this matter

I have had the new seat locked in for a week now and succesfully unlocked it yesterday. I could see that the padding was about to shrink a little due to being under preassure when locked in. So I trust it that it will get better over time

• Thumbsup 2