• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Top Sellerie seat

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Premium Member

Maybe a little off topic, but I have replaced my stock Tracer (and previous FJ-09 Seat) with Corbin Seats. They are very comfortable, especially for long distances. I have ridden cross country, from Fresno CA to Jacksonville, FL. (and back)

I would recommend the Corbin seat for anyone who likes to ride a lot of miles....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 6:21 PM, LizN said:

I have bought a replacement seat from top sellerie. The seat is beautiful but too big to locate. Has anyone else had this problem?

OK so I recieved mine last week and tried to install it yesterday. Sadly it did not fit and to make matters worse, it is a custom made seat where I had to return my own :(

So now I'm without any seats at all which is a real bummer. I have emailed Topsellerie about the issue and expect an answer tomorrow about what to do.

The issue as I see it. 

• The rider seat can be installed OK
  • The passanger seat can be installed OK, but only if the rider seat is NOT installed. 
  • If the rider seat is installed there doesn't seem to be enough room for the passenger seat. Not even by using force I can make it click in to the lock :)

I have noticed that when the rider seat is installed and locked in, I can barely get my finger down to the release lever now due to very little space. This was not an issue with the original seat leaving my to conclude that the issue is the rider seat being too "long" for the passenger seat to fit as well.

I have Topsellerie seats. The pax seat is not too big, but needs a bit of pressing to set.

Just sit on the pax seat to have it snug into place. Will get better with time, but never real easy.

• Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, Fleng said:

I have Topsellerie seats. The pax seat is not too big, but needs a bit of pressing to set.

Just sit on the pax seat to have it snug into place. Will get better with time, but never real easy.

Allright..so you are saying to use force by sitting on it until it clicks in?

• Supporting Member
44 minutes ago, VikingOnWheels said:

Allright..so you are saying to use force by sitting on it until it clicks in?

The same thing happened with a Corbin seat on my VFR. I took the bracket off the seat and added a washer between the seat pan and the bracket and never had to press down hard on the seat again.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Just now, betoney said:

The same thing happened with a Corbin seat on my VFR. I took the bracket off the seat and added a washer between the seat pan and the bracket and never had to press down hard on the seat again.

Hmm ok. Being a not very skilled person in terms of mechanics (I'm a software programmer with no crafting talent:)  ) would it be too much to ask you to make a few pictures showing what you mean?

Oh and thanks for the input

18 hours ago, betoney said:

A few pictures to show the backside of the passenger seat. I can't seem to find the place to add washers between the seat pan and the bracket?

IMG_20230206_154134 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20230206_154139 (Medium).jpg

Thanks all. Problem semi-solved :)

I tried using force (Sitting on the seat my self) and it locked in and was in place. However it was a struggle to unlock it afterwards. I guess it takes some practice. For a short moment I got scared that I could not unlock it :o

So..next step is to find out what options I have in case I can't unlock it and even worse if I break the key in the lock trying to unlock the seat!

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, VikingOnWheels said:

So..next step is to find out what options I have in case I can't unlock it and even worse if I break the key in the lock trying to unlock the seat!

Don’t force the key, as it absolutely will twist off in the lock if you overdo it.  Don’t ask me how I know this… ☹️

Two thoughts: 

1) Press down firmly on the front edge of the seat while simultaneously trying to unlock… you want to reduce any pressure you can where the lock clicks into that tab on the seat base. 

2) If you’re feeling adventurous, file a little bit of metal off the bottom edge of the cutout on that metal tab.  It shouldn’t take much to get the fit snug, but not bound-up tight.  
DD7D4948-C8AC-47ED-B0EA-C80EC239B690.jpeg.01526473a876a1c5db1cfd9ad345a81f.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2