Engine Heat

Mike123

On 8/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, Mike123 said:

The heat seems to be coming from the engine, largely on the left because I first feel it on my left calf, then it radiates to my chest area.  It doesn’t seem to be coming from the exhaust.  Perhaps it’s the engine fan  throwing off heat, I don’t know.  I have a 2020 model so maybe it’s a problem specific to that year.  All I know is my former bike, a Honda CB500X never had this problem.

I had a Honda CBR500R in 2014 and I can't remember that bike generating any significant amount of heat, so I can understand your surprise at the heat from the Tracer. However, you should realise that the Tracer does have a larger more powerful engine so more heat is a reasonable expectation. I came to my Tracer from a BMW S1000R and that bike was a hot bike ... especially in my Houston summer weather. The heat was from the engine as well as upper thighs as well. The Tracer is cool by comparison, although I do feel some heat (not uncomfortable) from the knees down. I have a 2019 Tracer which should be same as your 2020.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS