rider triangle...suggestions

sabre85

Got my 2020 GT in January, upgraded the suspension at Traxxion (AK forks, penske shock)and a Sargent seat. Have done the seat slope fix by raising the front mount as much as possible,(ride with the seat in the lower position) but still feel that seat slope push a bit. Handlebar up and back risers, new bars with more rise and pull back, and did a little rerouting of the cables to get some more adjustability (still not completely happy with the bars, could use some more sweep to the bar-ends - a little less 'elbows out' feel, more sport bike like).

Here is my problem, I've still got too much weight on my hands. The reason I purchased this scoot was to get a more upright riding position, and not have the complexity and future black box problems that might come with the electronic suspension. I figured the traction control and antilock braking stuff was pretty much sorted. It's proly all the same black box, but one less place to go wrong.

If I could move the foot pegs forward an inch or two that would probably rotate my hips enough to fix my problem, but I haven't seen an aftermarket solution. Anyone seen something like that?

Edit - I'm a sporty rider -"old guy fast" - so a solution like TomTracer suggests (next post) about a peg LOWERING kit would proly not work for me.

I'm not sure a full on custom seat, Russell Day Long, or one of the others will solve the problem. 🤔

Does anyone know where I might get a custom handlebar made? All my net searches have wound up at harley ape hanger type places.

I really like everything else about the bike, motor, handling with the new suspension, weight ect. but this has got me stumped. HELP!!!!!!

Edited by sabre85

Since you replaced the bars they must be in the back position of the 2 possible. I put a foot peg lowering kit on an f800gt which really helped me with your same issue, the kit moved pegs forward an inch or so. Risers helped a lot and came with the brake fluid line extension, did not require abs bleed. I looked for the peg kit info but no luck so far, and the bike sold 5 yrs ago. Will keep looking. Good luck.