Relay Arm Bearing Maintenance (2015 FJ-09)

• Supporting Member
On 9/22/2023 at 7:03 PM, fr8dog said:

How are these bearings removed? I had the seals out, but didn't want to delve deeper until i had the parts.

I hadn't removed them and it doesn't seem to be covered in the service manual. There are some owners on the FJR forum who've done this. Relay arm looks very similar. I just gently pack them each winter and have found no issues. The rollers stay put once the inner race is in there. Most of the original hard grease is still on there though.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

Had rollers falling out. Got them back in. Going to replace everything back there. All parts are ordered. Watched some videos and realized way above my paygrade. I'll bring swingarm and the relay arm to shop and they'll replace it all. Not cheap, but worth it. 70k trouble free miles so far.

I've had the swingarm off several times and spaced out this time. I know to be gentle back there cause I had yellow pieces falling out last time. This time I did everything bad. Rag, finger and then packed with grease. Then a pile of rollers. Then remembered this thread.