Purchased Evotech Radiator Guard direct from UK Factory

I was looking for a Radiator Guard for my 2021 Tracer and decided that Evotech was the best option but they were hard to find in the US.  I saw some on Ebay from outside of the States but shipping costs seemed high.  During my search I found the manufacturer, Evotech Performance, located in the United Kingdom.  I checked their price and it was cheaper than Ebay, so I decided to buy from them.

Total price was $52.49 GBP ($71.40) plus 10.83 GBP ($14.73) shipping to Iowa, TOTAL = $86.13

It only took 10 days for delivery using Royal Mail and then USPS in the States.

The Guard looks good and I will install it soon.

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/yamaha-tracer-9-gt-2021/products/ep-yamaha-tracer-9-gt-radiator-guard-2021

Screenshot 2022-03-05 141938.jpg

Edited by TracerNed
improve title
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I've had an Evotech on my 15 since 16 when I got my fastest red new.  Great unit because it protects the side tanks too. Mine is obviously a bit different than yours and has a large "EVOTECH" stamped into the middle rather than a little painted strip, and I believe made from T6 aluminum.

A front fender extender and skid plate (like the SW Motech) really help protect the rad, headers and engine. As a rear hugger extension protects you, under seat and especially the shock.

Have one on my Tracer 900 GT for the last 16,000 miles.  Looked it over to see if there were any dings but just bug splats.  Probably hasn't saved my radiator (yet) but have been lots of places where it would be not good to have a hole'd radiator!  Just takes one rock.  I've wondered about it impeding airflow to the radiator but have had no issues. In Utah was riding slow (35mph), uphill and 101F and the bike got warm but not hot - just over 200F.  IMO a pretty good test as slow means less airflow so radiator has to be working hard.  Evotech make a quality product and I recommend it.   

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, TracerNed said:

I was looking for a Radiator Guard for my 2021 Tracer and decided that Evotech was the best option but they were hard to find in the US.  I saw some on Ebay from outside of the States but shipping costs seemed high.  During my search I found the manufacturer, Evotech Performance, located in the United Kingdom.  I checked their price and it was cheaper than Ebay, so I decided to buy from them.

Total price was $52.49 GBP ($71.40) plus 10.83 GBP ($14.73) shipping to Iowa, TOTAL = $86.13

It only took 10 days for delivery using Royal Mail and then USPS in the States.

The Guard looks good and I will install it soon.

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/yamaha-tracer-9-gt-2021/products/ep-yamaha-tracer-9-gt-radiator-guard-2021

Screenshot 2022-03-05 141938.jpg

I recall that you bought the Evotech. I have 2 gutter guards which I intend to tie together and attach to the radiator surround. I'll have less than $10 in the project. The guards are black, pretty sturdy, and with my fenda extenda should provide decent protection. Thanks again for the UK source info!

• Like 1

Ordered mine from Evotech directly as well. Only gripe is surrounding the small rubber spacers-- mine were loose in the box instead of a bag or contained, could have easily been lost in transit but they all showed up thankfully. Also ordered a set of short levers to help alleviate some of the shipping cost.

Watch Bennetts Bikes interview with Evotech to get an idea of the sheer amount of research and engineering these folks put in to their products. Passion and care go a long way to getting and retaining customers, love it.

• Thumbsup 1

• TracerNed changed the title to Purchased Evotech Radiator Guard direct from UK Factory