Only 4C so Had to settle for CP3 sound only...

Was hoping I could take a ride 100kms  above  Toronto. It was 10c at home and only 4c when I arrived one hour north. The roads up here  are  stilll edged with snow and the centre is all mud, silt, tree bark , twigs, and slime.  At my age I know better.  I couldnt resist firing up the bike though, as shes been in hibernation for over 4 months. Ive always been told starting your bike in freezing temps does more harm than good so I dont.  The battery has been kept fully charged but more cranking than normal should be expected. I inserted the key and turned it.  Good- the lights are bright. I hit the starter for about 3 seconds and stopped.  I hit it again in anticipation.  At last, the beast awakened with a lumpy erratic idle.  Soon she settled down and I slowly blipped the throttle,  eagerly awaiting a warmer day.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

I was finally able to take mine out of hibernation here in N. Idaho and make a trip down into Washington for the weekend. No better feeling. I had looked at the weather report and it had possibilities of "snow flurries" the morning of my return. I figured it'd either be melted off by the afternoon or something, in all honesty I didn't care about plan B because I was just ready. No more sheet of ice on my north aspect driveway and the roads were clear only slight sprinkles to contend with here and there. Left my place at 3C and had 10C by time I made it to my destination, sweating weather. The season is here!

• Like 2

• Supporting Member

Even if you can't or don't start it - and as long as it's on the centre stand - sitting on it and making "NYEEERR, NYEERRRRRR" sounds totally counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On the other end, we got up to 90f today in my area of southern CA.  Hottest day of riding since I got the bike in January.  Up to now it's mostly been chilly.  Hot grips weather.  Today was denim shirt and kind of sweaty.  

The 9GT loves the heat as well as the chilly.  3200 miles and going.  It is perfect.

• Thumbsup 4

How is the 9GT for giving off heat in hot weather?  My previous bike would put off a lot of heat but my 900 GT does not.  Of course if stopped and the fan comes on it will put heat on the rider but never a problem with heat when moving.  I figure the 9GT will be similar.

Weekend calls for highs! of 4C (40F) Sat and -6 Sun (22F)!.  If anyone mentions global warming this summer Ill take a swing at them lol. In full withdrawal now after almost 5 months!

Edited by Garz747
add info

2 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

How is the 9GT for giving off heat in hot weather?  My previous bike would put off a lot of heat but my 900 GT does not.  Of course if stopped and the fan comes on it will put heat on the rider but never a problem with heat when moving.  I figure the 9GT will be similar.

Last summer I did a west coast tour in July and had some pretty warm temperatures with long hours on the bike. It was pretty comfortable for it! Same experience as the 900 it seems. This past weekend which was probably the coldest temperatures I have rode on this bike I tried to see where the warm spots were and It wasn't really much relief. Thank goodness for grip warmers. 

8 hours ago, peteinpa said:

For PA I can't complain.  Dec. 13 last ride, and March 21 first ride. Not bad. That's being picky, I don't want salt on the bike. I wait for a good rain in the Spring.

Yup that is central Ohio type weather as well, I've been out more than a few times this past Winter without salt covered roads and frigid temps. :)

Edited by Ride365
  • Thumbsup 1