Shortening sidestand

Hi guys, I’ve reduced the seat height by 12mm via the height adjuster on my Nitron shock. Needing to shorten the sidestand, would appreciate advice and observations on doing this. Is the sidestand hollow, I also note by shortening the stand it gets very close to the footpegs making it harder to get it down, how is this dealt with? Cheers

• Supporting Member

I lowered my '17 FJ with the T-Rex Racing lowering link and had the stock side stand shortened by an inch. I'm lucky to have a friend locally who cut the side stand put a steel rod inside. During the process he moved the the spring hook on the side and it worked perfectly. He  powder-coated  it and it was better than new. I will probably do the same when lowering the Niken. Also there are many adjustable kickstands available, do an ebay or google search.

Cheers Heli, interesting to hear how thin the tubing is. I’ve got a 1977 Z1000 and the sidestand is solid steel, weight watching wasn’t much of a ‘thing’ back then😃 my main concern is where the lug which you use to kick the stand out end up. I thought it would foul the footpegs but looking at your modified stand it looks like you not had to extend or bend it into a position where you can get your foot on it, is that right?