Tapping into the rear brake light

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, exstowner said:

Does anyone make a pigtail to tap into the rear brake light connection under the rear seat?

I don't know what you are trying to wire in but with a Posi-Tap you can tap into the wire in about 30 seconds.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have a top case with a brake light that I used posi-taps and that works great.  I also have a golf club carrier that has a brake light on it.  I want to be able to switch between the 2 and thought a pig tail would make it easier to switch.  thanks for the feedback.

12 hours ago, betoney said:

I don't know what you are trying to wire in but with a Posi-Tap you can tap into the wire in about 30 seconds.

I used those for my 1st time tapping my air horn into my stock horn power as a signal switch. Never had any issues even though it was exposed to heavy splashing/rain. I was always skeptical about those, not anymore.

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, exstowner said:

I have a top case with a brake light that I used posi-taps and that works great.  I also have a golf club carrier that has a brake light on it.  I want to be able to switch between the 2 and thought a pig tail would make it easier to switch.  thanks for the feedback.

Ahh I misunderstood.  until you mentioned this.

A few years ago I got this. A posi tap plus a kit like the one I got may be what you're looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V67W77/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

posi-tap to your brakelights and make your own pigtails for your brakelights, topbox, and club carrier.

Edited by Bimbim18

I used PosiTap connectors to tap into my brake and turn signal lights under the rear seat.  I then added a waterproof coneector https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CVFRT5G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 from Amazon.  Not the cheapest or smallest connector but work well.  I run the cable from the top case under the rear seat and plug it in.  That way I can take it off easily.  Also used the connectors for a couple of lights on the bike so I could remove them whenever I pulled the panels off. They have been thru more than one soaking ride and have held up with no problems.  I always try and put connectors in a place where they will be shielded from water and spay and under the seat they are dry but still like waterproof just in case.

I made one to connect a relay for my DIY heated vest.

I used this kind of socket, (you can also find them here at AliExpress) made a pigtail using negative and positive tail light.

So I just have to unplug the pigtail and replug the original wiring to go back to genuine harness.

I'am really not fan of PosiTap, that damages the wires and even have been facing a problem of cut yarn

20210605_121439.jpg

20210608_151412.jpg

20210612_190627.jpg

Edited by Denideul