Tracer 900 GT vs Tracer 9 GT + consistency theory

• Supporting Member
On 7/6/2022 at 10:32 AM, psyshack said:

As I dive deeper into the realm of possibly buying a new Tracer GT to stable with my 2018 Wing. I hope the Tracer GT brakes aren't weak. While the back brake on the Wing is on the weak side and I'm ok with that as I don't use it much because there linked brake kaka. The fronts are monsters! My Wing didn't respond much to EBC's if at all. The Honda pads were really pretty good and the slipper clutch is the real deal. When on the Wing and blowing by Jesus as a brake marker the slipper clutch and front brakes really do haul the 855 lb. behemoth down really well. DCT's don't do that so well and can lock you out of massive downshifts even in manual mode because there is no slipper function. 

I was very concerned with the front brakes when I first got my 21T9. They did not grab well at all and I had to squeeze the hell out of the lever to get any real stopping power out of them. I thought about bringing it back to the dealer right away but decided to see if it improved with a few miles on it. Sure enough, after about a hundred miles it was grabbing beautifully and stopping on a dime so I believe there is a seating in period. There is an electronic brake control system with 2 settings for the ABS. One offers standard ABS and the other offers slide control. I am a spirited rider who trail brakes in the twisties and the brakes work great. The rear brake is better than the one on the FJR I had but is still what I consider a coaster brake. I don't depend on it for serious stopping power.  I wouldn't let the brakes deter you from buying one.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1