21 Tracer 9 GT Cosmetics (Paint Touch Up, Buffing Scratches)

Hi all, I hope you've been well. Reaching out to see if anyone has a color match or thoughts on a close enough touch-up pen they think will work on their faster red MTT9GT's. No idea how it happened but there' s a small nick on my tank the size of a q-tip. May just suffer and put a bandage on it or sticker (or sticker of a bandage). It's a deep hole, or so that's what she said... Really looks awful.

Also curious if anyone else is experiencing a ton of scuffs near the ignition cylinder and any tips to buff those scratches out? I have my key on a variation of a key-bar which lets me get some easier access to the deep well of abyss. Moreso when using a tank bag. I'm thinking when it gets bad enough I'll just prime and repaint it but always look for a quick wax-on, wax-off repair. I usually don't care about the cosmetics since I tend to ride too often to care and have no garage. I end up rarely washing my balls bike but this being my first 'new' motorcycle I've been trying to take better care of it.

Will try to grab some pictures later today. For now, I mounted new tires last week (Pilot Road 5), throttle body sync'ed, new spark plugs, and a fresh air filter. Buttoned up the hatch earlier today and going for a test ride shortly... I am hopeful to not experience any more bucking/surging as my last ride was horrific. Bike is at 8,500 miles and gas is fueled at multiple locations so I'm crossing my fingers it was just the throttle body sync and spark plugs needed. Haven't slept much lately so bear with me on some of my nonsense and jumping around topics!

• Supporting Member

Don't seem to be much out there in the way of touch up paint for the Red 9GT. What is the color code? I have a tank pad that will cover your ding if it is in the center of the tank? It's probably the size of a CD case. Yours if you like.

Tank Pad.jpg

1 hour ago, Heli ATP said:

Don't seem to be much out there in the way of touch up paint for the Red 9GT. What is the color code? I have a tank pad that will cover your ding if it is in the center of the tank? It's probably the size of a CD case. Yours if you like.

Tank Pad.jpg

Thanks! Unfortunately this is outside the center tank pad area and I already have a small grip in place too. Quick picture below... I know it's super minor but I'd hate for it to turn into something bigger. Will definitely check the paint code as it should be a much easier time to find the paint match. Clearly I'm not thinking well, lol.

dzY6TJP.jpg

oTO3Bfu.jpg

As for the black trim around the ignition... it's a $15 part so I may experiment a bit to see what I can do... then later replace if it really bothers me.

• Supporting Member

I would give Color-Rite a call, they have a very extensive selection of motorcycle touch up paints and also aerosol spray cans.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member

In the U.K., RS Bike Paints now supply a match for the faster red 9gt. I sent them one of the side-case panels,for them to match the colour.👍 Hope you find a supplier,across the pond.🤞

That ding on your tank would do my head in.

• Thanks 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90