A ride on the Sea to Sky Highway in Canada (Tracer 9 GT)

• Supporting Member

Nice ride, and thanks for the video. I have been to the area several times on work business, but never had/made time to ride when there. My daughter is eyeing to go to UBC next year... so hopefully the stars are aligning for some more leisure time in BC.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member

What a great trip on a bike!!  I've driven it several times, all the way past Duffey Lake, Lillooet, and on to HWY 97.

You can't really go wrong with either route - Sea to Sky, or HWY 1 north and on to HWY 97.  The Fraser Canyon is spectacular, and I can't wait to ride it.  Really sad that HWY 8 washed out between Merritt & Spences Bridge (not to mention the loss of homes), it was a beautiful, twisty, quiet route.

Thanks for the pic & vid...MAN you make me miss BC more than I already do...

Subbed!

Edited by knyte
subbed
  • Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

You can't really go wrong with either route - Sea to Sky, or HWY 1 north and on to HWY 97.  The Fraser Canyon is spectacular, and I can't wait to ride it.  Really sad that HWY 8 washed out between Merritt & Spences Bridge (not to mention the loss of homes), it was a beautiful, twisty, quiet route.

Writing these routes down for my next visit 🙂

• 1 year later...

You all just stay away. These road are mine. 

Seriously, though. Just pick a road that looks twisty and go. They're all fantastic. There are better than the Sea to Sky, but don't ask me what they are. They're good because they are quiet. #8 was a beauty until it was no more - my favourite detour.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1