New member from Southern California

Hi all! My friends call me Richie, and I hope to be a future FJ/Tracer 900 GT owner.

I have been searching for a commuter motorcycle for the last two months. I started looking at the Honda ST1300, but that was too big. Then I started looking for a Honda NT700V but could not find any local to me. I moved my search to a well-equipped FJ-09 or Tracer 900 GT.

I recently sold my 2020 Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP since it wasn't ideal for commuting. However, it is the best bike I have owned (and I have owned a few bikes).

I look forward to learning more about these bikes in this forum. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to meet some of you in person.Hyper_2.thumb.jpg.e3cdcfaf2f6f1afdb54ebd35bf2adbde.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kenny A. said:

Welcome. Why not consider a 9GT ? 👍

Trying to keep the price down as I am also in the market for a 2020+ BMW S1000RR as a weekender/track bike.

Ideally, would like to find a Tracer 900 GT under $10k or a well-equipped FJ09 for under $7500. With the market slowing down, my odds are looking good.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, miweber929 said:

Welcome!!! I think I’ve seen you on the 600RR forum.  

When I was riding the other morning I was thinking my Tracer 900 GT I recently bought would make a great commuter bike, good luck in your search!!

Haha you're correct, I'm a mod on the 600RR forums. 

Yea, I'm after the Tracer 900 GT but I might settle for a FJ-09 and outfit it with a quickshifter and cruise control.

• Thumbsup 1

And I officially own a FJ-09! Picked her up last night. A little disappointed in her condition (previous owner talked super highly of it) but we got squared away on a sale price that made us both happy.

There's going to be a lot of sticker removal (about 10-12 stickers on the bike) but the bike should clean up well. Let the mods begin...

295777903_531753835372493_6099507602516106859_n.thumb.jpg.a30b1a26775bb0c0f3bcb63fb99c4164.jpg

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 1