Thinking of doing my headers in ceramic.

• Supporting Member

Toying with this idea.  Curious as to what colours are available these days and any recommendations from those that have done it.  Pics?

I've seen a chrome like ceramic finish that looks pretty good.

Or even trying to match the wheel colour.

Open to suggestions for a charcoal bike.

2127299905_Wheelcolour.JPG.a2da7fde69329f289e474d582d94539e.JPG

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Or even trying to match the wheel colour.

2127299905_Wheelcolour.JPG.a2da7fde69329f289e474d582d94539e.JPG

Is that the OEM wheel color with a rim tape stripe?  It looks more of a bronze color than my stock grey FJ wheels… 

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Is that the OEM wheel color with a rim tape stripe?  It looks more of a bronze color than my stock grey FJ wheels… 

Colour is always hard to convey on screen and dependant on lighting conditions at the time of taking the photo  but here's another shot.  I would describe it as a bronze colour and yes, that's an applied red rim tape.

I don't know if the colours are the same in the US as here in Oz.

Bronze.thumb.jpg.2b429f976e46195f77a792806800ba1b.jpg 

• Supporting Member

@dazzler24 - Oh, I like that… Definitely a different shade than the boring dark grey that came on the US model FJ.  

I was searching for wheel color ideas (to send to my powdercoat guy before mounting new tires), and came up with this CB650R wheel color I really liked:  

F6B66F37-B4A4-4102-89B7-FC25A457C255.thumb.jpeg.a336502a3ad8034bb55777986d7735df.jpeg

It looks like all I really need is a set of international OEM FJ wheels… 😀

(Sorry to sidetrack your ceramic exhaust coating thread…) 

• Like 2

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

@dazzler24 - Oh, I like that… Definitely a different shade than the boring dark grey that came on the US model FJ.  

I was searching for wheel color ideas (to send to my powdercoat guy before mounting new tires), and came up with this CB650R wheel color I really liked:  

F6B66F37-B4A4-4102-89B7-FC25A457C255.thumb.jpeg.a336502a3ad8034bb55777986d7735df.jpeg

It looks like all I really need is a set of international OEM FJ wheels… 😀

(Sorry to sidetrack your ceramic exhaust coating thread…) 

The rim colour is the same as the Cam cover and a couple of side covers on our 2015 Tracer(FJ).  It looks close to  the colour on the rims of the Honda you've shown.  I've tried to find the colour name/number/ID that Yamaha would have called it but gave up after going up many dry gullies.

The colour really changes character in different light.  It can be almost black in low non reflecting light to a light tan in a bright light.

Here's yet a few more shots, this time including the cam cover that show some reflected light and shadows that will give you an idea of the shades.

No need to apologise about thread sidetracking.  We're discussing aspects of the bike - good enough for me and that colour may even be a contender for a ceramic coat so nothing lost.  👍

image.thumb.jpeg.703d15ac466854a1325a6fff7a0305a1.jpeg

20230323_162830.jpg

20230323_161234.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

10 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

We're discussing aspects of the bike - good enough for me

Specially for those of us that are just wanting to ride, not ACTUALLY riding. 😃

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Supporting Member
Just now, Heavy said:

Specially for those of us that are just wanting to ride, not ACTUALLY riding. 😃

Ha! From your handle location I'm assuming that you're waiting for the weather gods to be kind to be able to escape?

Spring would have sprung so can't be far away?