Tracer clutch actuator arm question

Has anyone found a clutch actuator arm that is a bit longer than our stock one?

If Yamaha is anything like Honda, they would use nearly the same parts on many bikes.

There must be one out there that will fit but is a little bit longer.

• Premium Member

The 14 Yamaha Bolt.

Tried it & went back to stock.

Make sure you have the -02 clutch cable with the gentler top radius tube.

Going to the slip assist clutch is the ticket for less pull force and smoother downshifting. 

It’s definitely in the to do list 2and3, but it will have to wait. 
I still have the original sharp turn cable, not sure if the gentler bend one is any better for feel, my biggest gripe is the too small a take up gap. When doing full lock turns from standstill on crappy dirt roads there’s not enough progression from slip to grab. 
Didn’t like the Bolt one?

• Supporting Member

The Bolt and R3 arm are slightly longer and do fit on the FJ.  I posted photos when I installed the longer arm a few years ago.

I agree with @2and3cylinders - definitely get the revised clutch cable with the -02- in the part number, 2PP-26335-02-00

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

16 hours ago, betoney said:

The Bolt and R3 arm are slightly longer and do fit on the FJ.  I posted photos when I installed the longer arm a few years ago.

I agree with @2and3cylinders - definitely get the revised clutch cable with the -02- in the part number, 2PP-26335-02-00

Was the arm worth replacing?

Thanks guys, I’ve ordered the cable and clutch arm. The slipper clutch will have to wait as all my money is going into our never ending and constantly expanding house renovation black hole.