2023 IBR

STrep

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Some interesting choices of bikes in there… thanks for posting.    Most of it is what I would expect, but I’m surprised by the number of Super Teneres represented.   And I have healthy amount of respect (and concern) for the guy on the Sportster.   I own an XR1200, and while it’s really fun, I would never think of it as an IBR mount. 

I did an Iron Butt years ago on a 1000 V-Strom. It was the perfect bike for the job. I would choose it over the Tracer. I would also choose my younger self over my current self. 

I am the Chief Technical Inspector for the Iron Butt Association. On Monday, June 19th, one of my task was to release each rider at the 10am Start, one-by-one. I have been performing this Staff role for the past 24 years. This is me conducting the final Rider's Meeting, just moments before I tell them to mount up and start their engines:

image.thumb.png.59a3cd6fda47b624e97fe27e38f17718.png

In this photo below, I am briefly holding the #3 Rider out the gate, Bob Lilley, before I give him the TT Isle of Man sendoff with a tap on his left shoulder: 

image.thumb.png.f1cbbbd7655984530e79804193a76da3.png

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 11:25 PM, larolco said:

I did an Iron Butt years ago on a 1000 V-Strom. It was the perfect bike for the job. I would choose it over the Tracer. I would also choose my younger self over my current self. 

Iarolco, Did you do an Iron Butt Rally or an Iron Butt ride?