SW USA FJ-09 purchase

tfj09

Howdy all,

I'm on the hunt for a good deal on an FJ-09. I'm in Las Vegas, but will travel to a dealer in California, Arizona, or Utah for a good deal. I was hoping to get out the door for MSRP / $10,500.00 ( I realize this might be unrealistic given it's brand new model? ). This is a cash purchase so I don't need financing. If anyone can recommend a good and reputable dealer in any of those areas please let me know.

Likewise I'm always looking for good folks to ride with, so if you're in my neck of the woods let me know. I have a few nice multi-day rides through Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, Monument Valley, Prescott, Sedona,  and up to and around Yosemite.

Thanks...

When you are *actually* ready to buy, email your list of dealers that you would consider, and explain that you're ready to buy the bike that week, with the following options (if any), and that you want to know their best OTD price.  Explain that if you select their deal, you'll show up with a cashiers check for that exact amount on the day of purchase.

Once the dealers get back to you, pick the best deal.  If none of them are worth taking, you can always try to play them against each other in a 2nd round of 'price wars'.  I found a decent deal from round 1, and paid $11,400 OTD, WITH the following self-installed options: Yamaha hard bags (city cases), locks, mounts, rear rack, 50 L Yamaha trunk, with backrest pad, and heated grips.  Without the options (which were 15% below MSRP), I think I would have been under $10,500 OTD.

Good luck!

Much to my surprise I found a local dealer who said they'd do OTD for $10,700... if they stick to that I should be picking one up this week...

Now the REALLY tough question... which color???

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member
I'm in Vegas also but not on an FJ. If you dont mind riding with a Vstrom until I decide if this bike is for me shoot me a message.
Would love to chat about your FJ and help make my decision.
Mike
Hey Mike.... 
d8ngWye.gif

• Premium Member
I bought mine from Fun Bike Center in San Diego, it was $9,400 before taxes. Out the door all paid for it was $10,540ish.
Got mine at the same place for the same price!   I'll have to keep a look out for your bike!  It might have been the one I saw ready for pick up before I sealed the deal on mine.  Was it Red?  :^)  Bought mine at the end of May.

I bought mine from Fun Bike Center in San Diego, it was $9,400 before taxes. Out the door all paid for it was $10,540ish.
Got mine at the same place for the same price!   I'll have to keep a look out for your bike!  It might have been the one I saw ready for pick up before I sealed the deal on mine.  Was it Red?  :^)  Bought mine at the end of May. 

Yea mine is red too (the best color ;) ). I picked mine up end of June, I doubt we'll run into each other though unless you come up to the bay area haha.

• Premium Member

Yea mine is red too (the best color ;) ). I picked mine up end of June, I doubt we'll run into each other though unless you come up to the bay area haha.
It could happen!  :^)  I used to live up there and plan, at some point, to revisit some of my favorite NCA roads with the FJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I meet you on Palomar today? U were on the ktm390?

• Premium Member

Did I meet you on Palomar today? U were on the ktm390?
Wasn't me! I love to ride up there and it could happen in the future, but I haven't been up there recently and don't have a KTM.

Archived