One thing I hate about my 19 GT….

On 8/19/2023 at 1:25 PM, DavidS said:

I don't wash my bike after every ride, I know, I know........

But when it is time, I take it down to the self service car wash and put in a few quarters and spray it clean. I make sure I get everything soaking wet, and the bugs are soft and come off easily and stand back a ways to reduce the pressure on the bike.

I have been doing this for a long time, and it seems to work great for me.

What there are actual people that wash their bike after every ride!!!

I thought that was just the "fair weather under 1000 miles a year Harley types"

My street bikes get 1-2 washes a year with this:  https://www.s100.com/portfolio/s100-total-cycle-cleaner/

It works wonders and I’ve been using it for years. It makes dirt bikes look like new, so take that for what it’s worth. 

The car wash wand does a great job throughout the year when it’s really mucky. Quick and easy. 

• Supporting Member

@duckie brings up an interesting point - how to make cleaning a bit easier.

Anyone try ceramic coating?  I'm considering it.  It's a bit of elbow grease to get the painted surfaces prepped, but bugs and grime just slide off with water.  A friend of mine ceramic coated his car with great results.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount