21 Tracer 9 gt ecu location for flash

Yes ECU is pretty much the same as MT-09. Both are under the tank, on the air filter. Just a few more layers of plastic to pull off. I used this MT-09 video to get an idea.

I also checked my air filter while I was there and just needed a quick shake and clean. As for the ECU flashes, luckily I have 2 in the area...2 wheel dyno works and Vcyclenut. I chose Vcyclenut as he provided real world testing on his MT-09 including charts and other variables like exhaust and air filter improvements. https://www.vcyclenut.com/2021---23-mt09--tracer-gt2022-xsr900.html

A world of improvement when you flash your ECU and if you have upgraded your exhaust. Much more refined throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears instead and overall smoothness in all the ranges.

Good luck on your ECU flash and let us know how it goes!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, robzilla said:

Yes ECU is pretty much the same as MT-09. Both are under the tank, on the air filter. Just a few more layers of plastic to pull off. I used this MT-09 video to get an idea.

I also checked my air filter while I was there and just needed a quick shake and clean. As for the ECU flashes, luckily I have 2 in the area...2 wheel dyno works and Vcyclenut. I chose Vcyclenut as he provided real world testing on his MT-09 including charts and other variables like exhaust and air filter improvements. https://www.vcyclenut.com/2021---23-mt09--tracer-gt2022-xsr900.html

A world of improvement when you flash your ECU and if you have upgraded your exhaust. Much more refined throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears instead and overall smoothness in all the ranges.

Good luck on your ECU flash and let us know how it goes!

How many miles on your bike @robzilla?

I'm asking as I am thinking about cleaning my air filter as well.

Rob

• Thumbsup 1

That’s a Big help ! And takes some of the stress out of beginning the job . Yes I’ve added an akropovic full exhaust; so I’m hoping for those great results . I had two spine surgeries so I had to find a certain style bike . After a torture month on a versys I finally found the tracer . And now with a Corbin seat in the high position it’s perfect for comfort . I really appreciate the reply . Thank you very much robzilla ! 

• Thumbsup 3

34 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

How many miles on your bike @robzilla?

I'm asking as I am thinking about cleaning my air filter as well.

Currently at ~9k today. It's my '22 T9GT birthday, bought it literally 1 year ago at 1 mile. I flashed the ECU at roughly 4k earlier this year before putting the LV exhaust so I can get a feel what the ride difference felt like. So far vast improvements with ECU + exhaust upgrades! 

Since you're there at the ECU, it made sense to check the air filter. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Happy anniversary! I’ve only had mine for about 2 months but I absolutely love it ! I had an mt-10 before this and a versys 650 before that , but finally settled on the tracer . It’s got everything: comfort - acceleration - luggage . Wind protection. 
it’s by far my favorite bike I’ve road considering comfort first . This forum has been awesome for getting to know my way around the tracer . 
thanks again robzillla for the fast reply’s to our questions . 

My bike is right at 4500 miles so it’s probably due for a filter clean or upgrade since I’m doing the ecu flash . I’ll let you know once I get it put back together what I think and what mods I added 

• Like 1

Thanks @BostonDanny!! Super happy with the T9GT, definitely has checked all the boxes for me too and my fave bike! I still have my Kawi C14, different beasts and riding but I've had more fun on the Tracer!

With the summer heat, the T9GT is the go-to bike for cooler quicker miles. But come fall/winter, the C14 and the engine heat it generates, I like to call it a feature since I don't have to add too much heated gear. :)

43 minutes ago, robzilla said:

Thanks @BostonDanny!! Super happy with the T9GT, definitely has checked all the boxes for me too and my fave bike! I still have my Kawi C14, different beasts and riding but I've had more fun on the Tracer!

With the summer heat, the T9GT is the go-to bike for cooler quicker miles. But come fall/winter, the C14 and the engine heat it generates, I like to call it a feature since I don't have to add too much heated gear. :)

Man......I don't miss anything about my C14, what year you have?

27 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

I don't miss anything about my C14, what year you have?

Its a 1st gen '08. Bought it from a friend, so I'm the 3rd owner. It's been through its mods, farkles, etc so its good now. Switching between the T9GT and C14, it would be great if Kawi can put on CC and QS. Being a heavier bike, it does take some speed to get it manageable and flickable around the twisties. 

What is it that you don't like about the C14?