OEM Pannier Mounting Bracket Puzzle

I recently bought a set of FJR1300 panniers from a fellow member.  Unfortunately, the foot peg brackets that came with them are for the GT model and won't fit on my 2017 FJ-09. 

bracket.JPG.b1ec55bbbb0d0d2c0b36cd745a2131ac.JPG

Upon searching, it looks like I need the 2PP-284G0-00-00 which is no longer available anywhere.  Does anyone know something I don't about a superseded part number for that OEM kit?  I'm coming up empty.

Unless I can find someone selling a used kit, I seem to be an an impasse, which is most unfortunate considering an upcoming trip.  Has anyone tried fitting the GT model's passenger peg mounts?  Not sure if the dimensions will line up to the luggage, but it's all I can think of at the moment.

Any help is much appreciated!

6 hours ago, duckie said:

I messaged them and said they can get it, but 4-6 weeks.  Which really surprised me considering what I’ve found. But as already stated, I have a feeling that order would fall through. 

4 hours ago, JCoon said:

Alot of sites show in stock till you try and purchase. They then hold your money till it is determined they are out of stock and you get your money back weeks later.

Here are some on ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/str/cosmoaccessories?_trksid=p2047675.m145687.l149086

Dude!  I searched eBay from top to bottom (or so I thought)!  I clearly just didn’t get the right search terms correct. I ordered a set, and if these show up and save me the hassle of making my own, I owe you a beer!

It’s a great point and a significant omission on my part.  The description and pictures seem to be in line with what I need, so I’m rolling the dice and will report back in either case. Keep your fingers crossed!

Brackets arrived today from Greece.    Few observations:

1.  These are not new old stock. No Yamaha branding, markings, or installation instructions. 
2.  The brackets are aluminum. Powder coating leaves a lot to be desired. Spacers are raw aluminum and stainless hardware is ungraded. 
3.  The cross bar piece that the OEM kit came with is not included. 

Does any of this matter?  Was the OEM kit overbuilt?  Time will tell. More details when I have a chance to fit them. IMG_3104.jpeg.d8edf4c1dc7ec63d631c77016582b144.jpeg

Edited by theog
  • Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, theog said:

Brackets arrived today from Greece.    Few observations:

3.  The cross bar piece that the OEM kit came with is not included. 

Does any of this matter?

I don't remember having a cross piece on my 2017. Worked great without it. Not sure if it was needed.

• Thumbsup 1

I had a few minutes and got the installed today. Definitely glad I had an impact handy because that thread locker was insane on the passenger foot pegs!

I can’t see needing these in steel or with a crossbar. The factory bags are pretty beefy, even when empty, but I still can’t imagine the plate and peg mount being insufficient. 

Thanks for the help finding a quick solution!

IMG_3123.thumb.jpeg.7bc83fba64de2d48cf742a699b7742bd.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3