Holding throttle to keep running first start after a week...

My 2019 Tracer is only ridden weekly and has extremely low kilometers.  Runs great but some starts after sitting for a week or more require

me too keep the throttle cracked open to keep her running ? Wondering if anyone else has seen this... 

• 1 month later...

Ive read some older posts that say a weak cell in the battery can cause this no idle start problem. It happened on a warm engine yesterday. The bike was bought new in 2020 so suprised if battery is toast already.  Always kept on maintainer during winter and shows fully charged green light after 2 min on charger.

Batteries fail when they fail, you can never go by how old they are. If your bike turns over good, then doubt it's the battery causing any issues. Throw in a new battery and see what happens, very easy first item for troubleshooting........."batteries do strange things". I also do not keep my battery connected to a trickle charger ever, I just give it a charge overnight if it's been a good bit during the winter months since I have ridden, I just don't trust a battery minder or trickle charger to stay connected. Not sure how much would affect things, but make sure your throttle free play is within spec. 

Previous posts have stated that  a weak cell wont keep the motor running on a startup.  This is why i was asking. Also just "throw" a battery in? Im embarassed to tell you my bike has only 3200 kms but it was built 4 years ago- so maybe the battery is on its way out.  It turns over okay but never started immediately even after letting fuel pump prime as others have advised fwiw.