New Tracer 9 GT initial thoughts

DHDad

Picked up the new bike (2022) on Friday and got a good 150mi ride yesterday. 
For reference I also own a Ducati Monster 937 (7K miles) and a small Ninja that's mostly for my son to learn on these days.

Good: I would say my first impression is 90% positive so that's a win

1. Feels just as nimble in the twisties as the Monster, this surprised me as it's a much heavier bike by about 80 lbs and it's taller

2. No issue feeling like I'm being air fried even when coolant temps reached 220f

3. Cruise Control is a godsend, I'm hooked

4. Much more forgiving in just about every gear, doesn't lock the rear end up if you let go of throttle too fast. Monster has way too much engine braking I'm realizing

5. Excellent quick shifter

Bad: Only one comment, seems super finicky clutch starting from a stop especially a hill start. Feels like there's nothing until the lever is almost fully released and then it's full engagement. Correct RPM is far more significant than any other bike I've owned. First bike I've stalled on a hill start in a very long time.

• Thumbsup 1

Glad you think the clutch is a work on its own. Thought it was just me.

On my previous 900GT I had adjustable levers installed, so the pickup point was a bit closer before my hand was fully expanded. Now it is at the far point for my fingers to reach. At least that is my imagination.

As I have a GT+, don’t know yet if adjustable levers are available, have to do some searching.

On the other hand, after 1350 kms, I start getting used to it a bit.

I agree with you good points, except in the heatwave of last week (in our country) the heat from the engine was more than I used to with the 900 when standing still. Otherwise no issue.

6 minutes ago, Fleng said:

Glad you think the clutch is a work on its own. Thought it was just me.

On my previous 900GT I had adjustable levers installed, so the pickup point was a bit closer before my hand was fully expanded. Now it is at the far point for my fingers to reach. At least that is my imagination.

As I have a GT+, don’t know yet if adjustable levers are available, have to do some searching.

On the other hand, after 1350 kms, I start getting used to it a bit.

I agree with you good points, except in the heatwave of last week (in our country) the heat from the engine was more than I used to with the 900 when standing still. Otherwise no issue.

You need to borrow a Ducati twin on a day like that and get the true deep fried experience. Then you'll never think any bike is hot ever again.😅

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DHDad said:

Bad: Only one comment, seems super finicky clutch starting from a stop especially a hill start

Yep, the clutch is pretty twitchy when new. I found the clutch to be much smoother after around 4,000km or so (2,500miles).

Just give the clutch plates a bit of time to smooth out and bed in.