2019, 2020 Tracer GT Heated Seat and Penske 8983 Shock for Sale. SOLD

Ddog gt

5 hours ago, miweber929 said:

Does the shock retain the remote preload adjuster like the OEM shock has or do you have to use a spanner? 

I don't have a Penske, but I can guarantee you it will not match up to the stock adjuster.

Yamaha in their wisdom built the Tracer shock upside down.

But the shock he's selling might come with a remote preload adjuster.

Edited by OZVFR

5 hours ago, OZVFR said:

I don't have a Penske, but I can guarantee you it will not match up to the stock adjuster.

Yamaha in their wisdom built the Tracer shock upside down.

But the shock he's selling might come with a remote preload adjuster.

That’s what I was asking; sorry, I may have worded this not as clearly as I should have. I realize the Penske won’t fit the stock preload adjuster, since it’s built into the shock assembly, but am looking to retain this feature with a new shock. That was my question. 

FYI the shock does have a remote adjuster. The shock includes a bracket that will mount up just like the stock shock.. no mods needed. All stock hardware will be used.

The shock is set up to the same length as the stock shock. The shock has ride height adjustment. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 10/17/2023 at 4:15 AM, miweber929 said:

That’s what I was asking; sorry, I may have worded this not as clearly as I should have. I realize the Penske won’t fit the stock preload adjuster, since it’s built into the shock assembly, but am looking to retain this feature with a new shock. That was my question. 

FWIW, the Penske and K-Tech shocks offer ride height adjustment but no remote preload adjuster while the Ohlins and Hyperpro shocks offer remote preload adjustment but no ride height adjustment.  Nitron shocks are available with BOTH.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

27 minutes ago, betoney said:

FWIW, the Penske and K-Tech shocks offer ride height adjustment but no remote preload adjuster while the Ohlins and Hyperpro shocks offer remote preload adjustment but no ride height adjustment.  Nitron shocks are available with BOTH.

Interesting because @Ddog gt said his did have the remote preload adjuster. 

The Penske shock that I sold had a remote preload adjuster. I dad change the line from the shock body to the adjuster so that I could mount it using oem fiting and a bracket that I made up. No cutting of plastic as was required when shipped to me

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, miweber929 said:

Interesting because @Ddog gt said his did have the remote preload adjuster. 

1 hour ago, Ddog gt said:

The Penske shock that I sold had a remote preload adjuster. I dad change the line from the shock body to the adjuster so that I could mount it using oem fiting and a bracket that I made up. No cutting of plastic as was required when shipped to me

46 minutes ago, Ddog gt said:

The shock I bought was the Penske 8983 ‘Double Clicker’. For clarification.

That's really interesting, I have had the Penske 8983 shock on 2 different bikes, current FJ09 and previous FZ1 and the remote wasn't offered as an option and I had both shocks custom built.  That's great that they now offer that as an option, the Penske is an AWESOME shock.

***EDIT***  Looking at Penske's own website, the 8983 does NOT offer remote Preload adjustment, it has a remote canister to separate the nitrogen from the oil but the preload adjustment is manual with an adjustment tool.

8983rm_big__87652.thumb.jpg.4144aeb5daf701589ef6d9844171e433.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

My apologies I bought the shock in 2019 for my 2019 tracer 900 GT I forgot the preload has to be adjusted manually on the shock the canister does the compression I believe anyway, the canister I mounted it in the same place as the preload adjuster on the stock shock. Old brain short memory.

• Thumbsup 2

• 4 weeks later...