Niken Trail Version coming?

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Stumbled across this reference to future  Yamaha machines at the Japan Mobility Show (formerly Tokyo Auto Show) and noticed  a reference to a 'trail LMW' (Leaking Multi Wheel). 

Potentially an off-road/rally version of the Niken?

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/10/yamahas-tricera-is-a-morgan-super-3-for-2033/amp/

Anyone go to this year's Japan Mobility Show and have pictures of what this is potentially referring to?

IMG_6636.png

Edited by maximNikenGT
Added photo
  • Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

I learned today that 'Yamaha Trail TMW' refers to a new version of the TW200 that will have the Leaning Multi Wheel geometry up front.

At first I thought it might be worth trading in my Kawasaki dirt bike for but then I saw the pics.

Still, could be ideal to get to you favorite fishing/hunting spot, and no side stand.

Tricity and TW Combined

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/event/japan-mobilityshow-2023/tmw/

1011_yamahaphoto18_resulte.webp

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

I learned today that 'Trail LMW' refers to a new version of the TW200 that will have the Leaning Multi Wheel geometry up front.

At first I thought it might be worth trading in my Kawasaki dirt bike for but then I saw the pics.

Still, could be ideal to get to you favorite fishing/hunting spot, and no side stand.

Tricity and TW Combined

I've taken my Niken off-road. It doesn't like deeply rutted trails. A single front wheel tracks better. I think the front wheel spacing is too narrow to straddle a rut, and too wide to roll inside a rut.

A wide-track LMW may address this. I actually suspect a LMW (either 3 or 4 wheel) could potentially be safer than a regular ATV in regards to rollover risk - although I have no evidence to prove this.

Edited by someguy
Wheel spacing
  • Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 11/9/2023 at 7:06 PM, Heli ATP said:

I learned today that 'Yamaha Trail TMW' refers to a new version of the TW200 that will have the Leaning Multi Wheel geometry up front.

Tricity and TW Combined

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/event/japan-mobilityshow-2023/tmw/

1011_yamahaphoto18_resulte.webp

I could see this doing lifeguard duties at the beach. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Yamaha might be on to something here if they marketed/branded it correctly to the adventure/SUV crowd. E.g. Niken/Jeep edition or something like that...

Any suggestions on what you might brand it as? Trigger Reddit style posting now...

2019 Niken GT