Highway Bars

I did not see any posts related to this question yet.

I go on a solo tour each year, and ride 12 hours a day for a week or three. To accomplish this on my V-Strom I installed a Russel Day Long seat, and added Highway pegs so I have some options to stretch out my legs. If i don't stretch my legs they start to cramp up and go numb. Not very nice.

Has anyone seen any options for Highway Pegs on the FJ-09 yet? Would it be possible to even ride the bike with legs forward? I haven't sat on one of these yet. Hoping to do so at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show later in January.

• 5 months later...
I just picked up my FJ today in the rain. Yes, it's possible to sit on it and stretch your legs out but as of now, I don't see anyone offering highway pegs. Mounting appears limited. One would need to get some flat stock, cut it to 4 inches roughly, drill a hole at each end and mount to the forward engine mount bolt. A spacer is necessary due to a slight recess at this mounting. The highway peg can then  be attached to the bottom of the flat stock. 

• Premium Member
If you put on crash bars like the SW-Motec bars then you can use many generic highway bars and there are a number of different possible mounting points. I've not decided if I want to do that yet, but I did look into it and it should work.

Also, crash bars are nice for mounting driving lights.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
A friend has competed in the Manx GP, getting a replica trophy and then stepped up to the TT itself.

He's had a couple of crashes with the biggest at the pre-TT Jurby race day where riders go to practice & prepare for the main event on a shorter road course.

He's 52 now and has just prepared a ZXR750 to ride in the Classic TT. Once it is in the blood, the only way they can replicate the excitement is to race on that circuit. As long as he is able to get on a bike, I suspect the friend will still enter competitions on the IoM as they have many competitions aside from the main event. He even rode an electric bike in 2012 but it blew up!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
A friend has competed in the Manx GP, getting a replica trophy and then stepped up to the TT itself.  
He's had a couple of crashes with the biggest at the pre-TT Jurby race day where riders go to practice & prepare for the main event on a shorter road course.

He's 52 now and has just prepared a ZXR750 to ride in the Classic TT. Once it is in the blood, the only way they can replicate the excitement is to race on that circuit. As long as he is able to get on a bike, I suspect the friend will still enter competitions on the IoM as they have many competitions aside from the main event. He even rode an electric bike in 2012 but it blew up!
Nice story, but did he use highway bars in the TT? Perhaps that's why he crashed?

Archived