with regrets ,my last post here ................

with regrest this will be my last post here . i like the fj09 and actually got one .but just canceled it ..it was for a june delivery anyhow .

the reason is simple ...i did not like the fit of my body on the fj09 . and i needed to make many mods to make it to my liking .

yes the price was low but not really when compared to the bike i got ,the versy 1000. the versy fits me perfectly and it is capable of all day riding with little wear on me.
the price differentila apples to apples was only approx. $1,000. with all added .

the fj09 is a great bike and i will miss its lightness which is what really stood out for me . but i think that the removal of the bags and the mounting brackets  on the versy will bring the weight down from 465 to around 440 lbs or only about 45 lbs more than a wet fj09 according to many reviews that actually weigh the bikes ,

anyhow you guys have a great bike and i think and hope that so do i .

have a good ride .

• Premium Member
Good luck. I put many happy miles on a Kawasaki. They are good bikes. We're lucky in 2015 to have so many good options that we can pick just the right one to suit each rider.

i like the fj09 and actually got one .but just canceled it ..it was for a june delivery anyhow . 
the reason is simple ...i did not like the fit of my body on the bike.

You mean you actually ordered one. 
Glad you realised it wasnt for you before collecting it, but you must have sat on one before buying so I dont get it??? Now if you sat on the Kwaker after and thought yeah, love it thats fair enough.

Mind you I try to NOT sit on any other bikes now as I have the habit of buying them.

Adios.

I wish you'd hang around long enough to tell us how you like the Versys after some miles.  It was my second choice to the FJ-09 and as others have said, Kawasaki makes a great bike.  I still ride my 2000 ZX-11 Ninja once or twice a week and the power is awesome and it's never, ever let me down or stranded me.  I'm sure you'll love the Versys, I just wanted a lighter bike and now that I've got the suspension the way I like it, and the windscreen the way I like it...all that's left is the seat, and I'm pretty sure that won't cost too much once I decide which route to take.  Ride safe my friend! 

• 2 months later...
guys ,i have not posted for a while as i now ride a versy ...but not many miles so far becasue i have been away and have other toys....anyhow this site poped up and i decided to fill you in.

first , i di make a mistake on the weight of the bikes...the fj09 is 468 lbs to 485 lbs, from what i have read .

the versy 1000 is listed at 560 lbs and with the removal of bags and mounting hardware down to 520.

i went 125 miles to pick up the bike after a local dealer in miami gave me an out the door price of 12.5 and when i got there he added 700 to the out the door therefore i kissed him off and contacted a great dealer in naples florida who happens to sell both kawa and yamaha ,and had both in stock..

he was the only dealer in south florida to give me a test ride no questions asked ....i rode it ,loved it and got it ...and the price out the door came out to 12.4 ...( i did not buy the $700 5 years unlimited miles warranty .)

i then rode it home 125 miles and great ...max rpm 4,000 or 65 to 68 mph

for the first service at 600 miles i went back to naples and left miami at 6 am and was there for breakfast and service ..headed back to miami at noon time after all done and ran into 3 serious storms on I75,about 10 minutes apart......wind was heavy and almost blew me into center divider but i was able to lean it into the wind and all ok. and the rain was welcomed as the temp. was 93 F. i did not use rain gear...loved the rain at 93F.

so far ,only about 850 miles on it but to be resolved when i ride it to my house in connecticut , where it will remain forever < ( i do not ride in florida ) in september via deals gap(dragon's tail ). virginia and west virginia mountain roads ,into pa. and ny state and lake placid ,from there to sugarbush vermont where i have a condo and to be there for the STOWE English Car invasion sept.18 .

and then to conn.

total miles around 2,500 including back roads ...maybe more if i take side trips ...and about 14 days or so ,maybe less .

as far as the bike is concerned , i took off the bags and feels good ,not as nimble as the fj09 .
also, my foot got caught in the footpeg somehow and i sort of laid it down in slow motion ...i was ot able to hold it at a 45 degrree angle , and i needed help to get it back up the 530 lbs. less the bags is carried high and thus the difficlty .....on a bmw or harley i could raise them fats but only because they carry the weight low.

so far a minor vibration on deceleration at times but very smooth overall. did the max rpm 4,000 = 65 to 68mph during the first 600 miles of break in ..after that another break in to a max of 6,000 rpm ..about 80 to 86 or so until 1,000 miles ...did have it to triple nickel twice 9 cheated on the rpm's ,a little ) and great ...i.like the engine ....

on riding it , it is not as nimble as the fj09 but it corners great even with bags on ...but will know for real when i do the Dragon's Tail in september and ride back roads to vermont from there ...... have done dragons tail a few tomes on other bikes ...will see what this one does ...i read the suspension is cheap...???/we will see

• Premium Member
guys ,i have not posted for a while as i now ride a versy ...but not many miles so far becasue i have been away and have other toys....anyhow this site poped up and i decided to fill you in. 
first , i di make a mistake on the weight of the bikes...the fj09 is 468 lbs to 485 lbs, from what i have read .

the versy 1000 is listed at 560 lbs and with the removal of bags and mounting hardware down to 520.

i went 125 miles to pick up the bike after a local dealer in miami gave me an out the door price of 12.5 and when i got there he added 700 to the out the door therefore i kissed him off and contacted a great dealer in naples florida who happens to sell both kawa and yamaha ,and had both in stock..

he was the only dealer in south florida to give me a test ride no questions asked ....i rode it ,loved it and got it ...and the price out the door came out to 12.4 ...( i did not buy the $700 5 years unlimited miles warranty .)

for the first service at 600 miles i went back to naples and left miami at 6 am and was there for breakfast and service ..headed back to miami at noon time after all done and ran into 3 serious storms on I75,about 10 minutes apart......wind was heavy and almost blew me into center divider but i was able to lean it into the wind and all ok. and the rain was welcomed as the temp. was 93 F. i did not use rain gear...loved the rain at 93F.

so far ,only about 850 miles on it but to be resolved when i ride it to my house in connecticut , where it will remain forever < ( i do not ride in florida ) in september via deals gap(dragon's tail ). virginia and west virginia mountain roads ,into pa. and ny state and lake placid ,from there to sugarbush vermont where i have a condo and to be there for the STOWE English Car invasion sept.18 .

and then to conn.

total miles around 2,500 including back roads ...maybe more if i take side trips ...and about 14 days or so ,maybe less .

as far as the bike is concerned , i took off the bags and feels good ,not as nimble as the fj09 .
also, my foot got caught in the footpeg somehow and i sort of laid it down in slow motion ...i was ot able to hold it at a 45 degrree angle , and i needed help to get it back up the 530 lbs. less the bags is carried high and thus the difficlty .....on a bmw or harley i could raise them fats but only because they carry the weight low.

so far a minor vibration on deceleration at times but very smooth overall. did the max rpm 4,000 = 65 to 68mph during the first 600 miles of break in ..after that another break in to a max of 6,000 rpm ..about 80 to 86 or so until 1,000 miles ...did have it to triple nickel twice 9 cheated on the rpm's ,a little ) and great ...i.like the engine ....

on riding it , it is not as nimble as the fj09 but it corners great even with bags on ...but will know for real when i do the Dragon's Tail in september and ride back roads to vermont from there ...... have done dragons tail a few tomes on other bikes ...will see what this one does ...i read the suspension is cheap...???/we will see
Enjoy your new ride. The F-Jay is not for everybody, but I still absolutely love mine. I have modded mine pretty extensively, but was still happy stock. My bike is almost perfect now. Hope you make great miles with your Versis. Ta! 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

and then to conn.

Great to hear from you again. Keep us updated. I'd love to hear how it does at the dragon.

Archived