How do you reset the trip odometers?

jdl1977

I've read through the owners manual several times and have found out how to reset the trip time. I can't find nor figure out how to zero out - reset the trip odometers. Can anyone out there give me a clue? The only thing I can think of is that my unit isn't working properly. I've tried lots of things. I don't see in the manual where or how to reset those.

• Premium Member
I've read through the owners manual several times and have found out how to reset the trip time. I can't find nor figure out how to zero out - reset the trip odometers. Can anyone out there give me a clue? The only thing I can think of is that my unit isn't working properly. I've tried lots of things. I don't see in the manual where or how to reset those.
The trip odo (at least trip odo 1) and trip timer can be reset by flipping to the screen that shows the one you want to reset then pushing the "reset" button briefly.  It will start to flash.  If the wrong thing flashes, push "reset" briefly again to switch between things that you can reset.  To actually reset, push and hold the "reset" button for 2 or more seconds. 
Trip odos 2 and 3 need to be reset from within the menu system, if I remember right.  Push and hold the menu button for 2 or more seconds to get the menu.  One of those items gives you access to the other trip odos.  I haven't tried to reset them but I'd try selecting one and seeing what options you get, or using the reset button just like on the normal display.  Note that those odos are normally used to track service intervals.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

When you are stopped, tap the reset button. the selected item to reset will be flashing. If you want to select a different one, keep tapping the reset button to cycle through the items on the current "page". Only items that can be reset will be selected. When you have the item selected you want to reset, press and hold the reset button until the selected item resets. This applies to any of the items that can be reset, including the fuel average.

• Premium Member
Check out the video in this LinkNot an F-Jay, but the same Yamaha menu.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I've had problems resetting mine also. I got it to flash once. But not reset. Now unable to get it to flash again. I assume just using the tip of my finger should work. That should be how its designed. I have not tried using a coin or tool to push the reset button.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I've had problems resetting mine also. I got it to flash once. But not reset. Now unable to get it to flash again. I assume just using the tip of my finger should work. That should be how its designed. I have not tried using a coin or tool to push the reset button.
When it's flashing , hold the reset button which is lower one on dash till it resets to zero... Voila..

Archived