Andreani Fork Cartridges

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
I have already created a How To in the How To forum, but thought I would post a link to it here and a brief ride review of the install.
linky

From a scale of 1 to 10 on difficulty of the install, I would rate it about an 8. Not for the mechanically challenged.
If you know what you are doing and have all the proper tools, takes about 3 to 4 hours to perform. To me, the most difficult part was compressing the spring on the Andreani cartridges (must remove the spring to bleed the damper and get the correct fluid level).
Now to a ride review, way nice. The F-Jay suspension is now adjustable in compression as well as preload and rebound. A welcome change to have a compression adjustment.
It is very forgiving now over washboards, and handles the twisties with aplomb, but really highlights the inadequacies of the stock shock. I have also ordered the Penske 8983 shock from our vendor Traxxion Dynamics and got 15% off, which is over $130 dollars off.
So is this mod worth the money, why yes. It is better then the AK-20, probably not as the AK-20 has rebound and compression adjustments for each fork leg, where the Andreani fork cartridges have one fork leg for compression/preload, and the other for rebound/preload. I love this mod. Took about 4 days to ship to Cali from Italy. Not bad and the exchange rate is really good right now.

Questions?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 weeks later...
Rode home from having my Andreani fork cartridge kit installed and boy was it alot softer. No jarring and very smooth front end feel. I still need to ride more and fine tune it, but I almost felt I could leave it this way and even keep the rear shock. I am very happy with this mod.

• Premium Member
Rode home from having my Andreani fork cartridge kit installed and boy was it alot softer. No jarring and very smooth front end feel. I still need to ride more and fine tune it, but I almost felt I could leave it this way and even keep the rear shock. I am very happy with this mod.
What compression and rebound settings are you using? I think you will find the rear shock very inadequate after felling the plushness of the forks like I do. My shock is being built. 2 weeks and counting.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
ULEWZ - Glad you are liking your mods. Unless I am mistaken, the AK-20's have the same split setup as the Andreani's. I will know on Wednesday. Cheers
I believe there is a dual setup in each fork leg with the AK-20s. At least that is what I read, read below from the Traxxion post: "Unlike some of the other cartridges on the market, these have a rebound piston and a compression piston in each fork. The stock FJ09 setup is a single cartridge. The AK20s are always better than a revalve, but even more so when the bike only has a single rebound and single compression piston."
One fork leg is compression and one fork leg is rebound on the Andreani's, but I can tell you they work great and well worth the money.

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
ULEWZ - Glad you are liking your mods. Unless I am mistaken, the AK-20's have the same split setup as the Andreani's. I will know on Wednesday. Cheers

but I can tell you they work great and well worth the money.

And that is all that matters!Cheers 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

What compression and rebound settings are you using? I think you will find the rear shock very inadequate after felling the plushness of the forks like I do. My shock is being built. 2 weeks and counting.

I will check tomorrow.   They didn't tell me what springs they used for my weight and I didn't check what settings clickers are at.   Dave Behrend set the spring rate and Pro cycles  (flattrack racer) installed and created a base to start with.

• 4 weeks later...
It looks like omni racing has a kit comprised of the andreani cartridges and an ohlins rear 46DR for 796 EURO, about $900. Has anyone tried this shock? And ULEWZ, are you still happy with your forks?

• Premium Member
It looks like omni racing has a kit comprised of the andreani cartridges and an ohlins rear 46DR for 796 EURO, about $900. Has anyone tried this shock? And ULEWZ, are you still happy with your forks?
Definitely. I didn't go with that Ohlins as it is not Compression adjustable, but may be fine. If you buy the pair, let us know how it feels vs stock . 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Definitely. I didn't go with that Ohlins as it is not Compression adjustable, but may be fine. If you buy the pair, let us know how it feels vs stock .
I will let you all know if I go with the 46DR.  The bike is great but the suspension is the weak point.  I will definitely do something but I am gathering intelligence before deciding exactly what to do.   

Archived