Lowering Project

Hi, all.

With winter set in and no window to ride until at least March of next year, I’m going to work on lowering my 2019 Tracer. If anyone has a set of 15mm lowering links they would like to sell to a vertically challenged rider, I’m all ears. Thanks!

On 12/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, Tim16 said:

Hi, all.

With winter set in and no window to ride until at least March of next year, I’m going to work on lowering my 2019 Tracer. If anyone has a set of 15mm lowering links they would like to sell to a vertically challenged rider, I’m all ears. Thanks!

FWIW ... I removed the cover from my seat and carved a bunch of foam out of the rear.  It helped with the forward slope and the height.  Not a huge change in height.  Maybe 3/4", or so.  Basically, left the ridge around the back of the seat to keep the original profile, then scooped out the centre section.  The yellow, sort of, outlines where I removed foam.

seat.thumb.jpg.0488a286ac455726369631a4d0703be6.jpg

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

5 hours ago, Tim16 said:

With a 28 and 3/4 inseam, I’ll take in all options. I’m pretty confident in managing with one foot down but would like to make backing the bike up, etc. easier.

When I am on a tall motorcycle I wear Chippewa Logger boots with about 2" heel. Got a mint pair on Ebay in my size, they were a bit loose, put in some height increasing insoles from Amazon. Gives you a lot more confidence.

I got the Chippewa Logger Style 73015 (they are all pretty similar). They have tall heels and a tall front sole with a lot of deep texture. They are recessed where the footpeg sits in front of the heel.

the "Lace up" logger boots are a bit of hassle to lace up every time, another option is Milwaukee Mens Trooper Motorcycle Boots. They "Lace Up" but then have a  Side Zipper for easy on-off once you get the laces set where you want them.

1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

These Daytona are the ultimate solution. 

https://www.daytona.de/en/Quality/Worth-every-cent/Higher-Stand

A cost effective "test" would be cowboy boots or logger boots. Daytona offers up to 6 cm height increase, which I achieved with logger boots and 1" insert (height increasing insert).

Edited by Lone Wolf
1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

I know this isn’t relevant to actually lowering the bike…but I bought the lowered seat for my 2017 FJ-09. Reduced height and more narrow towards the tank. With my 28” (or less) inseam it helped my confidence at stops. I still can’t back it up safely while on it, so in your case not sure it’s what you’re looking for.