Niken 850 vs. 890

Dommy

Hi all and thank to let me in in this community 🙂.

I'm always been interested in the Niken and last year I rented a 850 model for 3 days. I think it's a terrific bike, I like all of it. Of course its insane front grip, but also the engine power and how it's delivered. Its look is outstanding. It was summer and unfortunately I could not test it under the rain.

This for sure could be one of my bikes, but I would like to better understand how really different the 850 and 890 models are? I read some reviews, but so far I've never read one from an owner who had all the two versions? I actually met here close to home a guy who had first the 850 and now the 890, but he told me that he cannot really say if the differences are noticeable anyway.

Is there here one who could say something about it?

Dommy (Domenico).

Edited by Dommy

• Supporting Member

Hi Dommy, welcome to the Niken Forum, I can only comment on the 2019. I love it and think I will keep it forever.

Maybe Niken Lee will chime in, he has both. See page 6 in the following thread...

@NikenLee has both.

Short summary of the MY23/24 model improvements:

1. Engine cleaned up for Euro5+ emissions
  2. Better rear end feel (original version's rear end felt loosey goosey compared to the front end)
  3. Quickshift for up and down (previous was up only)
  4. TFT screen with Garmin Connect satnav
  5. Adjustable windscreen, which @NikenLee says is just as rubbish as the one on the original GT
  6. Proper hard sidebags
  7. Much more expensive
Edited by someguy
Forgot the quickshifter

• Supporting Member
On 2/17/2024 at 4:04 PM, Dommy said:

Hi all and thank to let me in in this community 🙂.

I'm always been interested in the Niken and last year I rented a 850 model for 3 days. I think it's a terrific bike, I like all of it. Of course its insane front grip, but also the engine power and how it's delivered. Its look is outstanding. It was summer and unfortunately I could not test it under the rain.

This for sure could be one of my bikes, but I would like to better understand how really different the 850 and 890 models are? I read some reviews, but so far I've never read one from an owner who had all the two versions? I actually met here close to home a guy who had first the 850 and now the 890, but he told me that he cannot really say if the differences are noticeable anyway.

Is there here one who could say something about it?

Dommy (Domenico).

Buonguorno Dommy! Benvenuti ai nostri cavalieri Italiani.(Welcome to our Italian riders). 

I love Italy and dream of riding my Niken there someday, especially anywhere near the Chianti region and near Positano so I can snack on world class prosciutto along the way. 

IMG_8042.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."