Longer clutch cable

• Premium Member

I've tried a 2014 Yamaha R1 clutch cable.  It works but it doesn't have the Gradual ninety degree steel tube at the top Like the second generation clutch cable for Generation one and generation two FJ/tracers.

I have not contacted someone like Motion Pro who make custom cables to see how much one would cost and delivery time (not that I'm going to be riding until mabe June)

I only need about 2~3 more inches with the Street Naked bars and +1" up & .75" back riser adapters I have.

All the electric looms, throttle cables and Speigler brake line have enough slack.

Has anyone found a suitable clutch cable off the shelf?

Thanks for You're input

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I've tried a 2014 Yamaha R1 clutch cable.  It works but it doesn't have the Gradual ninety degree steel tube at the top Like the second generation clutch cable for Generation one and generation two FJ/tracers.

I have not contacted someone like Motion Pro who make custom cables to see how much one would cost and delivery time (not that I'm going to be riding until mabe June)

I only need about 2~3 more inches with the Street Naked bars and +1" up & .75" back riser adapters I have.

All the electric looms, throttle cables and Speigler brake line have enough slack.

Has anyone found a suitable clutch cable off the shelf?

Thanks for You're input

I swapped to the revised oem clutch cable (2PP-26335-02-00) many years ago.  I have Rizoma MA009 bars with 55mm height as well as Helibars +1" up and 1" back bar mount and the risers in the rear position and I don't have any issues with the clutch cable length.  Maybe the oem cable for the FJ/Tracer is longer than the R1 cable?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

They will charge 150 but ETA is highly variable. I sent in my dirt bike throttle and clutch cables back in December and it took 3 months to get them back. On top of that they screwed up the clutch cable and I had to modify it (shorten) because they can't math but they gave me the option to send it back, to which i didn't since I wanted to ride.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, betoney said:

I swapped to the revised oem clutch cable (2PP-26335-02-00) many years ago.  I have Rizoma MA009 bars with 55mm height as well as Helibars +1" up and 1" back bar mount and the risers in the rear position and I don't have any issues with the clutch cable length.  Maybe the oem cable for the FJ/Tracer is longer than the R1 cable?

I guess I was not clear that I also have the -02 cable I installed years ago (and before the original design failed like it did for others); though it's no longer than the original version.  I even have a new spare -02 clutch cable in my "attic stock"!  I guess it may be up for sale here soon, along with extra rear brake pads and fork wipers & seals I bought mistakenly not knowing a pair was in each box.

The Renthal Street Naked are well up & back from stock (I have the dimensions in a folder), plus they have more sweep backward.

I also have the OEM risers in the "back" orientation.

All I know I need likely 3" more slack or I'm not (eventually) going anywhere.