Panels, battery, fork assy, tail light & sprocket cover

Hello,

After several upgrades/projects attempts, I do have for sale the below items. Prices do not include shipping (but I'm able to get some pretty competitive rates for UPS/USPS).

Payment by PayPal Friends&Family/Zelle has 0 fees, regular PayPal adds 3.5%

1. Brand new (orange) left/right panels (Tracer 900 GT 2020 model - PN B5C-2835U-00-P5/B5C-2835V-00-P5) - $100

2. Band new (sealed) Yuasa YTZ10S battery - $100

3. Front OEM fork assy (L+R) and springs for 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900, used for only 600 miles (like new) - $250

Yamaha OEM PNs: B5C-23103-00-00 + 2SC-23102-40-00 + 2PP-23141-00-00 + 4EB-23144-00-00 + 4EB-23145-01-00

4. Yamaha OEM tail light for FJ-09 and Tracer 900/GT, like new- $35

Yamaha OEM PN: 2PP-84700-00-00

5. Yamaha FJ-09/MT-09/XSR900/Tracer 900/GT sprocket panel cover, like new - $15

If any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me!

assy1.jpg

assy2.jpg

assy3.jpg

bat1.jpg

bat2.jpg

cover.jpg

panel.jpg

tailight.jpg

tailight2.jpg

Edited by SuperMax

• Premium Member

Not sure if shipping for the Yuasa would make it work it but I'm at 60076

It's looks like it's been prefilled?  How does that work with shipping and of course how fresh is it?  Unusual too see a MIN (Made In Nippon) battery here.

Battery was bought off Amazon some 3 weeks ago, but then I decided to go with a LiFePO4 one, as I had a deal on it - I have not touched it, it's prefilled, as sold by Yuasa/merchant. I paid around $250 (taxes included).

I can ship it to you by UPS for as low as $15, just let me know.

The merchant will cover the warranty, that is for sure - and Amazon will help with it, if needed, 100%.

As for the price I paid, my loss is your gain, I guess...should I understand you are interested in the battery?

Edited by SuperMax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Well, coincidentally I believe my original OEM battery gave up the ghost today after 8 years (can't complain), I have one more test to run (see if it starts without the starter relay clicking and making serious fritzing noise).

If you still have the battery, how much for shipping to 60076?

After completing most of my major service list, I just had to recalibrate the McCruise and try to go for a first (shake-down) ride of the season, and grrrr.

Thanks

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, SuperMax said:

I can ship this to you by UPS for $15, tomorrow. Please let me know your shipping details by PM if interested.

Thanks!

Great, I am watching the Austin MotoGP and finishing dinner.

Then I'll go run the start test and LYK tonight.

Thanks again.

20240408_132737.jpg

20240408_132752.jpg

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Well, coincidentally I believe my original OEM battery gave up the ghost today after 8 years (can't complain), I have one more test to run (see if it starts without the starter relay clicking and making serious fritzing noise).

Your battery checks above look good.

Hopefully you've not fallen to the old "starter relay dying and not the battery dying" trick?!

I suspected my battery a little while ago but all the time it was a failing starter relay.

YMMV of course. 🙂

20240222_180603.thumb.jpg.1fd7a87bb98274624c878f9e67ce3d8f.jpg

• Premium Member

I took a nap after dinner (my health issues keep me exhausted ( D-Man I'll email you with an update) and was in no shape to limp out to the shop earlier, so I'll try starting it ITM.

My very sophisticated test procedure entails charging the battery on my trusty Deltran BT and then attempting to start it.

I had briefly charged it and it did fire up with hesitation.  I then charged it a little longer and it tried to kick over then failed. 

I've made no new electrical additions or changes since it started yesterday, so I can't see there being a new parasitic amperage drain. I've charged it as needed since last October (I'm no longer a believer in leaving a battery on a smart charger).

It scared me every time I tried to start it (likely 8 total attmpts and I hope it was not consequently damaged) because it makes a relatively loud sound like it's shorting out, frying. No smoke or Bakalite smell (I'm again dating myself and trying not to leave 2 spaces after a period), and it wasn't warm.

I checked voltage and the battery had dropped from near 13 to under 12.76. Maybe lower, as I was so shocked by this event, I didn't double check or can even recall if I did after the first time.

So hypothetically the proof will be in the pudding but I wish I had a inductive amp meter pick-up. Good excuse to buy the one I've been eyeing for ages...