New FJ owner in WA state

Picked up my Matte Gray FJ-09 with .01 miles on it.  I think i have 40 miles on it now and am really enjoying it.  I am coming off a long line of bikes starting on a SV650s, KLR300r, FZ1, Speed Triple, DRZ400s (still have it), and now the FJ09.  The one thing that i thought i would really like is the wind protection provided by the FJ.  So far it seems way louder than any of the other bikes on my list (wind noise, buffeting).  I have tried the seat in both positions and windscreen in all three without much success.  Think i might throw a small windscreen on this thing and go pretty nekid as it's what i know and am accustomed to "The clean undisturbed Air".  Anyway, i have always enjoyed forums for the specific bike I have so thought i would jump on here and say Hi. 

• Premium Member
Picked up my Matte Gray FJ-09 with .01 miles on it.  I think i have 40 miles on it now and am really enjoying it.  I am coming off a long line of bikes starting on a SV650s, KLR300r, FZ1, Speed Triple, DRZ400s (still have it), and now the FJ09.  The one thing that i thought i would really like is the wind protection provided by the FJ.  So far it seems way louder than any of the other bikes on my list (wind noise, buffeting).  I have tried the seat in both positions and windscreen in all three without much success.  Think i might throw a small windscreen on this thing and go pretty nekid as it's what i know and am accustomed to "The clean undisturbed Air".  Anyway, i have always enjoyed forums for the specific bike I have so thought i would jump on here and say Hi. 
With a little tweaking, this bike can be almost perfect. First up should be a windscreen. I settled on the Cal Sci Medium for now. Way quieter than stock with no buffeting. Does tend to move around a bit at speed though, but has not flown off.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived