Helo o Gymru!

moelycrio

Hello from Wales! 
New Tracer owner here. Picking up my race blu bike tomorrow from Bill Smiths in Chester. Yamaha heated grips the only fitted extra. Will be gettting a tail tidy, phone mount and ACF50 fitted soon.

Seems like a nice bunch of peeps here?

Looking forward to getting the bike out onto our open welsh roads.....

Stuart

• Premium Member
Hello from the other end of Offa's Dyke. I was born near Aberaeron but consider Monmouth my home town.

Currently living in Cheltenham but often in South & Mid Wales on the bike.

How far are you from Chester?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Hi wessie - about 30 mins from Chester on Halkyn Mountain. Great biking roads in this part of the world. Managed to put 150 miles on the bike today, including some night riding just now. The LED headlights are excellent. Knocking the high beam off for oncoming traffic is fiddly though - the rocker switch needs a more defined ridge.

Aberaeron's the place past Aberystwyth? Nice part of the world too...

• Premium Member
Yes, Aberaeron is just down the coast from Aberystwyth. I was born on a dairy farm just outside Aberaeron but don't remember that time, as we moved back to Monmouthshire not long after I was born.

I keep meaning to come back to North Wales but the trip last autumn was cancelled as the weather was poor and a trip to a friend's near Oswestry this weekend has been postponed as working this week still suffering from a virus has knackered me out.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Helo Stuart o Gymru.

Some nice roads round your way, thought I'd leave it a while to welcome you, hopefully you're back from your ride by now ;)

Hope you are enjoying your Tracer.

How are you having your ACF treatment done?

• Premium Member
Helo Stuart o Gymru. 
Some nice roads round your way, thought I'd leave it a while to welcome you, hopefully you're back from your ride by now ;)

Steve, I've been thinking about getting ACF50 treatment, probably towards end of October though. @wessie previously mentioned a franchise, should be easy to find on with a Google search. Do they need a dry day? Presumably they clean the bike first and then it has to dry?

• Premium Member
Helo Stuart o Gymru. 

Steve, I've been thinking about getting ACF50 treatment, probably towards end of October though. @wessie previously mentioned a franchise, should be easy to find on with a Google search. Do they need a dry day? Presumably they clean the bike first and then it has to dry?
Found it: allyearbiker.co.uk Has anyone used them before? Its a Yamaha, it should not melt in one winter?

• Premium Member
The Process

Pre Rinse
Full Degrease
Hi Foam TFT Shampoo
Warm air dry
Pre-Spray prep
High Pressure ACF50
Hand Polish & Wax
ACF50 Hand Finish

http://allyearbiker.co.uk/treatment

£65

Not used the service & don't plan to. I like a patina on my bike. 

I've used allyearbiker in the past. Yip it a clean then treatment. As Wessie said it a franchise and each unit does seem to operate differently. I'm a little outside the catchment zone, so of little interest to my franchise holder. He did do a good job cleaning and applying and have to say it did work on my previous Yamaha which was made of Swiss Cheese.
The last two years I called and no interest from them, so I had a go myself, I have a large bottle of the stuff and a pump spray but it isn't the same, less is more. Even so a squirt of ACF on the shock base has gotten rid of the rust - gullible, maybe - but it's worked for me in the past.

Maybe a private session, just need 3 or 4 bikers?

Archived