Delkevic Exhaust On the Way

rocky5000100

I had a Delkevic on my last bike, a 2005 R6, and it sounded great.  I emailed the company today to see if they were developing one for our bike.  I also asked if they'd make it so it works with the center stand.

This is the reply I got:

Thank you for your interest in our products. I have been nagging our R&D guys to make a pipe for this bike and it seems to have paid off. I don't have a pipe ready yet but it shouldn't be too much longer. We got our hands on a non running bike. We've created the pipe and are waiting a few parts to get it running so we can do some dyno testing. Assuming the pipe pasts the dyno tests it will be sent to manufacture. I don't think I will have it within the next month but I should have it before the end of the year. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance at this time. Cheers
Janielle
So they didn't answer my question about the center stand, but this is good news! I was a big fan of the looks of the Mini Carbon.  Couple that with a DB killer, and I think it'd be good for daily riding to work.

Best thing about Delkevic is their prices are usually pretty inexpensive.

It may be a little loud for some, but sounds great.

On the FJR it sounds pretty good:

And on my R6 it was very loud, but not so bad with the DB Killer.  You can hear it best at 1:21, where the BMW I'm running against is much quieter.  That was with no baffle.  A bit louder than I'd like for the FJ09.

• 1 month later...
I reached out to Delkevic and here is the latest status.

"I've been begging for this pipe since the end of last year. I told them it would be a popular bike! We currently have three pipes in testing to see which achieves the best dyno results. Once this is determined we will send a sample to our factory for them to produce and then test fit their sample. If all is good the pipe will go into manufacturing. I don't have a time frame on when all the testing and manufacturing will be complete but it is happening. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance right now.
Regards
Janielle"

I had their pipe on a 1250 Bandit and it was amazing bang for the buck. It really woke the bike up and shaved a ton of weight off the factory bazooka. It wasn't too loud either.

• 4 months later...
Latest update :

"Hi,
It looks like our R&D sent a new sample of the pipe to our factory at the end of Feb for them to recreate and send back to R&D. If this pipe passes it will go into production. There is still some movement on this but it looks like the first few pipes didn't pass which is why it is taking so long.
Cheers
Janielle"

That's okay I just bought way too many things this last month anyways ha.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived