Play in windshield mount

It may not be as noticeable with the stock screen, but with an aftermarket screen there is a bit of play in the windshield mount (forward and back), When you on some bumpy back roads it jumps around quite a bit.

Has anyone taken it apart and seen if there was a way to take out the movement?

I replaced the lock knobs with Allen head bolts. I found that you can't get the stock knobs tight enough to eliminate the free play. I carry an Allen key set in the tool bag in case I ever want to adjust the windshield height.
Ditto here, toss those knobs and replace with Allen bolts.

• Premium Member
I did the allen bolt thing, also added some stick on rubber pads to the supports half way up the screen to take some of the load as my Powerbranze screen gets pushed back by air pressure
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Any idea what size allen bolt im looking for? I assume the nut is built in to the mount?
No idea about the size as I just looked in the tin of odds & sods for something that matched the thread on the knobs. The bolt fits into a threaded hole in the cockpit subframe. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Ok, sounds good, should I get some lock washers too?
I have just used a bolt - use a long one and you can put a locknut on the back, but not necessary really

Archived