$23 Driving Lights Installed! Light up the night!

zachd

Many of the reviews on Amazon mentioned that the housing didn't hold up very well and they tended to leak or get moisture. Have any of you had this problem with these lights? TIA!
Have not had any problems with at least three (3) pairs of these LEDs as far as moisture is concerned.   But the small hex-headed (Allen-headed) screw that secures the upright 'post' to the light body (which is a kind-of slot-and-tab affair) is a little short and the body is a bit cheesy.   [em]See pic, with screw-head highlighted by pink arrow head[/em].   On my current fitting I simply drilled-out a little under the screw-head's location - by only a few mm - which gave the thread more 'bite' into the LED body.   I added some epoxy (Loctite would do just fine, I'm sure) and all seems 100% secure at present.   For the price,  a pretty good product, IMHO. [em]Wordsmith ('39 model)[/em][em]
[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/zX2etjc.jpg[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

20170720_091019.jpg

20170720_091026.jpg

20170720_091009.jpg

Thank you for the great post and ideas. I did the same thing for my bike. I used the link to Amazon that was in the first post but bought the larger one from the same company. I picked up a wire harness from the related items. Install was easy, took the reflectors off put the lights on. I ran the wires to the battery behind the fairings and zip ties them in place. I had my local shop put them on the headlight aiming chart. After angling then down about 5-10° it looked safe to ride without blinding people. I can finally see at night. Thanks again for the ideas. I would be happy to share more pictures of anyone else needs help

Archived