Heated Grips on Back- Order Since June 23rd

I'm amazed some people have been waiting so long. in the UK, I ordered some from a local accessory shop, and they had them within 2 weeks. Had to come from abroad (europe I think) but I can't believe Yamaha dealers cant seem to get them anywhere?!?!

• Premium Member
Anyone else having trouble with heated grips being on backorder?
Ordered mine around Sept 1.  Initially the dealership said there were 6 in the queue and I should have them in a week.  A week goes by and no call.  Call them back.  Then they said December but they'll try to do better.  Now they're saying November 18.  Who at Yamaha would think that maybe heated grips would get more popular before the winter?  I realize it never really gets cold in Cypress (I used to live close to Yamaha USA corporate), but come on! 
Supposedly some dealers do have them in stock and Mother Yamaha could ask them to ship them to a dealer in need.

November 18 is probably ok for me.  I'll use that time to pull my ECU and mail it off.  Then at least I won't miss riding while I'm busy with family at Thanksgiving.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Ordered grips September 1. Initially told 1 - 3 weeks. Then told November 18. Then told January 2. Called Yamaha. They said as of ~ November 11 there were exactly 0 unaccounted for grip sets. They were still filling 200+ orders dating back to July. They think they can have a set to my dealer by December 8 (next week). They said that they're supplier seriously overpromised and is underdelivering. FWIW they said they are sending every grip set from the factory to buyers rather than shipping them in blocks.

• Premium Member
Finally got my grip heaters and they are worth the wait! Very cool hot.!!
Let me correct that for you:blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Finally got my grip heaters and they are worth the wait! Very cool hot.!!
Let me correct that for you:blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif

Your not kidding, I had Medium set to 6 and had to back it to Low (2) a couple of times in 51 degree (F) weather. Better to have too much than not enough! LOL! I don't think I'll de using High (10) any time soon.

Archived