GPR Steering Damper FJ-09 Specific Available

I know some people on here used the FZ09 kit successfully, but I thought I'd let everyone else know.  GPR posted on Facebook last night that they finally have a FJ-09 specific kit available.  I don't see it on their website yet, but looks like you can call or email to order.

This is on my list for next year.

Screenshot_2015-10-27-10-12-11_zpshlavh7jr.png

• 3 months later...
I know some people on here used the FZ09 kit successfully, but I thought I'd let everyone else know.  GPR posted on Facebook last night that they finally have a FJ-09 specific kit available.  I don't see it on their website yet, but looks like you can call or email to order. 
This is on my list for next year.

Screenshot_2015-10-27-10-12-11_zpshlavh7jr.png

Just an FYI in case you have a GPR steering damper from another bike. I removed mine from my old gen2 FZ1 before trading it in, and was pleased to find out that GPR will sell me the FJ09 mounting hardware separately. I haven't enquired about cost yet.

Mark.

'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

• 2 weeks later...
I'm suddenly less pleased with GPR. I called them today for a price on the mounting hardware to use the damper that I removed from my old gen2 FZ1 on my new FJ09. They want $190 US + shipping for a piece of machined aluminum and a few bolts. WTF! Plan B: dust off my rusty CAD skills and call in a favour from my buddy with a CNC mill. GPR won't get my money the next time I'm shopping for a steering damper, that's for sure...

Mark

'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

Archived