Akrapovic Install On An FJ09

woozer

I got bit by the exhaust bug and ended up buying the Akrapovic titanium full system.

It seems there are a huge range of exhaust choices, but most were developed for the FZ, which means they won't work with a centerstand. The only ones I found that will work are Akrapovic, Two Brothers, Graves Racing, and a Spanish outfit I'd never heard of before called Axil. Yoshimura apparently has one in development, but not here yet.

Full system was not cheap ($1100 from Revzilla was the best I could find) but it sounds absolutely sensational. It's actually a little on the quiet side, a nice cultured purr at low speed. A fair amount of popping on trailing throttle, but more of a quiet crackle than actual backfires. Seat of the pants it feels faster -- there are allegedly hp/torque gains and definite weight losses.

It is definitely not annoying sounding at all. In fact the only annoying thing about it is the centerstand covers up the Akrapovic logo so people will think you have an 'ovic' pipe on your bike.

The sound baffle is one piece that has three snazzy-looking outlets. I've seen video clips with it out and it makes it incredibly loud (and imho not that nice sounding) and it also shoots flames when shifting, which won't go in drought-stricken South California.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only the titanium akra will work with the center stand, not the carbon loop system. Ixil is garbage and makes less horsepower than stock, I would steer away from that one. The Graves is a snug fit, but it looks great and sounds even better.
Interesting comment about the Ixil.  I nearly bought one of those systems, before deciding to pay the King's Ransom for the Titanium Akrapovic.  Can you give any more detail on the Ixil power figures?

Only the titanium akra will work with the center stand, not the carbon loop system. Ixil is garbage and makes less horsepower than stock, I would steer away from that one. The Graves is a snug fit, but it looks great and sounds even better.
Interesting comment about the Ixil.  I nearly bought one of those systems, before deciding to pay the King's Ransom for the Titanium Akrapovic.  Can you give any more detail on the Ixil power figures?
http://fj-09.org/thread/2119/flash-ixil-exhaust 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So I was hoping that I could find a good buy on the Akrapovic titanium full system for the holidays. I'm not finding anything. Any one out there seeing some good deals?
Try this: 
www.caprimoto.it

Mine arrived in 2 days, super fast!
Wrong spelling.  It should be www.carpimoto.it

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, as I have read various reports, hopefully someone who actually has this exhaust on their bike WITH the baffle in can answer this question:

Is this exhaust a straight install and go, or do you have to tinker with mapping etc?

I am looking at this particular exhaust model, but I don't want to have to worry about playing with the computer to make it/keep it running properly.

Thanks for the time.
Cheers!

Ok, as I have read various reports, hopefully someone who actually has this exhaust on their bike WITH the baffle in can answer this question: 
Is this exhaust a straight install and go, or do you have to tinker with mapping etc?

I am looking at this particular exhaust model, but I don't want to have to worry about playing with the computer to make it/keep it running properly.

Thanks for the time.

Mine is installed with the baffle inserted.

Fuelling is better than with the stock exhaust, and the bike runs perfectly.

This system was designed by Akrapovic in conjunction with Yamaha, with the express purpose of working with the stock set-up (with baffle fitted).

• Premium Member
Don't have this exhaust but the titanium is on my to do list. You can install w/out remapping or flashing but it will not be optimized and you will hear deceleration pops...  Reflash the ECU for best results - and no pops..

See our supporting vendor section - 2WD has custom flash just for the Akro systems with proven results. 

Archived