South Florida FJ Owner!!!

fjjouster

Just picked up my FJ over the weekend...

And Absolutely loving it already! what a great machine.

previous bike was a Suzuki DR650 single cylinder, carbonated, thumper Dual Sport.. was loking into buying the Vstrom 1000, but settled, or excitedly changed my mind to the FJ-09!!

ditched the adventure for sport touring and i couldnt be happier. i know i wont see a ton of dirt, so i opted for knee dragging performance. this thing screams excitement and refined character.

loving every minute..

has anyone noticed the excessively long peg feelers? these things are longer then my....well they are long wondering how low you have to go to grind one off. 

• Premium Member

has anyone noticed the excessively long peg feelers? these things are longer then my....well they are long wondering how low you have to go to grind one off

Great choice in the FJ. You do know the peg feelers come off with just a wrench don't you? First thing I did after bobbing the tail.  
20150116_102826_zps9a3673b7.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

has anyone noticed the excessively long peg feelers? these things are longer then my....well they are long wondering how low you have to go to grind one off

Great choice in the FJ. You do know the peg feelers come off with just a wrench don't you? First thing I did after bobbing the tail.  

well isnt that something! lol didnt realize, and honestly i noticed them at the dealer, and havent noticed since, it doesnt bother me, just seemed excessive. im going to see in the net few weeks if i get close enough to grind them down, if not, off they come anyways

Yamaha claims a 51 degree lean angle for the bike. Wonder what the lean angle is to touch down the feeler, 30?  :D 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

The problem with grinding these peg feelers is if you catch one in a hole or lane marker while at lean, it could catch and send you tumbling.

whats the fun in just taking them off?? Grinding them off would be much more fun!

Guest eatpasta
whats the fun in just taking them off?? Grinding them off would be much more fun!
Ok.....Ill admit that DOESNT sound fun.....

Archived