Quiet Helmet

onsite

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Shoie Quest - it's designed for the "upright ergonomics" of our bike. I got mine on sale at revzilla a couple of months ago.  It's much quieter and lighter than the Bell Q2 I was using.  Price is not bad either for a higher end design. 

• Premium Member
Yeah, I got a Schuberth S2 a couple of months ago. I love it. Much quieter than the Shoie GT Air I'd been using. I stopped searching for a quiet windscreen now... it works great with the stock one.
Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...

I got my Schuberth C3 in the Revzilla sale (half off!!!) and stuck my Sena SMH-10 on there. If the uclear has an adhesive mount then it should be no problem. You do have to mount it farther back then a normal helmet though because of where the internal visor slider is.

• Premium Member
I just handed over my credit card for a Schuberth S2. It was just too good to pass up with the sales going on and I'm hoping It'll make me stop looking at windscreens and molded earplugs. The wife is none too happy, but with my 1hr commute each way to work I'll be spending a lot of time in it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I got my Schuberth C3 in the Revzilla sale (half off!!!) and stuck my Sena SMH-10 on there. If the uclear has an adhesive mount then it should be no problem. You do have to mount it farther back then a normal helmet though because of where the internal visor slider is.
Took a good like at the audio ring for the Schuberth, not sure I want to fork out the additional $275.00.   The S2 seemed to have enough room in the ears and with the UCLEAR being boomless could be a win win.  I will have to look at the slider position again. 

• Premium Member
Tried on the Schuberth S2 2 weeks ago at one of our local stores.  Really liked the fit and feel and noise reviews from anyone in the forum?  Revzilla still has them on sale! 

The noise suppression is amazing in my opinion.  I'm 6'1 so with the stock screen at the top position I'm still way out in the bad air. With my old helmet the buffeting coming up from under the helmet was deafening.  The S2's tight neckroll really helped cut that out. I'd imagine if you're shorter and lower behind the windshield it would improve even beyond what I've experienced.  I also installed the src communication neckroll a few weeks later and that further reduced the wind noise. I will say that the added bulk of the src neckroll makes the helmet a bit of a pain to don and doff.

• Premium Member
Modular helmets help to deal with tight neckrolls by allowing you to open the front and place your head inside. They can generally get away with being tighter than non modular helmets allowing for even more noise reduction

• Premium Member
Similar riding profile 6'2" I have the Parabellum Tall windscreen which helped tremendously with the noise.
[span][/span]I am riding with a HJC and just not happy with it.  I have an older ARAI from 2004 I pulled out but think I will prefer the S2 over it.

@smokeout I tried the modular helmet and found it had less room to close the front on my large melon! XXL

May have an ARAI and HJC for sale soon, lol

Archived