• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Givi D2122S Windscreen

• Premium Member
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwDJsQEQRKY]

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Looks great. Clint I see from a previous post you are 6ft? Does the wind go over your helmet so you are in a 'still bubble' or is just nice air flow? And merry Christmas from the UK!
No, the air hits my helmet about eye level. As you can see from that one picture, the Givi is about the same height at stock. I wasn't looking for a "still bubble", just less turbulence and noise. Much of that has to do with your height and helmet.
Looking seriously at this windscreen.  Given its extra width, do you notice a significant reduction in how much wind is reaching your chest and shoulders relative to the stock windshield?  I'm looking for something that works better than the stock windshield in cooler weather without being huge.  I don't mind wind smoothly hitting my helmet.  I would like a bit less hitting the body.  I'm 6'2", 34" inseam.

• Premium Member
Just got mine in yesterday and put it on the bike. It really looks nice and I like the "feel" of it. Thicker and feels like it's a quality screen.

My commute this morning was only 12 miles, but it felt better than the stock and better than the Ermax I have. It was dark and (somewhat) cold, so I didn't spend too much time trying to figure out where the wind was hitting my helmet, etc., etc., but it did seem a little quieter and a little less buffeting on the 5 miles of tollway I took.

Looking forward to the 67 degree ride home and seeing what I think of it.

• Premium Member
Oh, and on another, funny(?) note. Mine came in a regular cardboard box and the screen was well packed.

BUT, I put the box in the garage, sorta out of sight and out of the way. Still, when my girlfriend saw the box (it was the first thing she noticed when she went out there), her words where, "Fragile"... like from the movie, lol.

• Premium Member
Oh, and on another, funny(?) note. Mine came in a regular cardboard box and the screen was well packed. 
BUT, I put the box in the garage, sorta out of sight and out of the way. Still, when my girlfriend saw the box (it was the first thing she noticed when she went out there), her words where, "Fragile"... like from the movie, lol.
Funny.... I sent them pics of Clint's and requested a little better packaging. We will see. It probably just ticked them off and mine will come in a paper sack.  
Jon

• Premium Member
Just got mine in yesterday and put it on the bike. It really looks nice and I like the "feel" of it. Thicker and feels like it's a quality screen. 
My commute this morning was only 12 miles, but it felt better than the stock and better than the Ermax I have. It was dark and (somewhat) cold, so I didn't spend too much time trying to figure out where the wind was hitting my helmet, etc., etc., but it did seem a little quieter and a little less buffeting on the 5 miles of tollway I took.

Looking forward to the 67 degree ride home and seeing what I think of it.

I'm regretting waiting a week to order mine, as I just got an email apologizing for the delay (closed during the holidays, now waiting on stock to be replenished by Givi). Maybe have it by the end of the month?

• Premium Member
I'm reading alot about the affect of the Givi screen re the helmet (less buffeting etc), but I'm not hearing anything about wind protection for the rider's body. Can anyone comment about how the Givi compares to the stock screen in this regard? Thanks!

• Premium Member
@clint , why do you think this performs better than the ermax touring? They look very similar to me and I don't know which to try. I don't suppose you have any photos comparing the 2? Thanks

Certainly a fair question. I own both and just compared them on top of each other. The Ermax touring is about 2 inches taller than both the OEM and the D2122S. The Ermax also has a "bubble" center compared to the Givi which is more sloped back. Regarding noise and protection, I prefer the Givi D2122S much more than the Ermax touring and certainly better than stock. 
010203125_4.jpgs-l500.jpg
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Just got the updated total and paid for mine. And thus begins the waiting....
Hey Hawkeye, did you get yours yet? My estimated delivery date has came and went. Just wondering. It was supposed to be here Jan, 19.  
Jon